Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S #11 on Auto Insider 15 Best Cars of 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm always baffled about complaints of dull styling for the Model S. The thing is seriously beautiful. The lines are all excellent, and save for perhaps the nosecone, it all works great together. It's graceful and elegant in a way few cars these days are. I suppose it's true that the design doesn't scream "look at me," but wasn't that the point?

Compared to the swarm of bland generic sedans on the market in the US, it kind of surprises me that the Model S is considered dull. Is the main complaint that it doesn't have faux-edgy styling like the new models from Lexus?

Especially given they praise the look of the Audi, and Audi's styling is so boring not even Audi can tell any of their vehicles apart (they posted a picture of the back of one of their cars on Facebook a few months ago and mislabeled the model).

I'm always baffled about complaints of dull styling for the Model S. The thing is seriously beautiful. The lines are all excellent, and save for perhaps the nosecone, it all works great together. It's graceful and elegant in a way few cars these days are. I suppose it's true that the design doesn't scream "look at me," but wasn't that the point?

Compared to the swarm of bland generic sedans on the market in the US, it kind of surprises me that the Model S is considered dull. Is the main complaint that it doesn't have faux-edgy styling like the new models from Lexus?

Especially given they praise the look of the Audi, and not even Audi can tell any of their vehicles apart (they posted a picture of the back of one of their cars on Facebook a few months ago and mislabeled the model).

Couldn't agree more. There are periods in car design when downright hideous styling elements become fashionable. The Lexus and Toyota front grilles are a perfect example. They could not be more ungraceful and IMHO ugly. I can't imagine they will be complimented as "one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen," which is something I hear almost daily about my Model S.