TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S #1355 For Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by TSLAModelS, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TSLAModelS

TSLAModelS Member

Just listed White Model S in Sarasota FL.

Listed for $135,000.00

Link To Ebay: Link

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

For a non-perfoamnce model (even for a performance model) that is a big asking price.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Yes, but under 'options', it says it has cupholders.

4. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

how many ?

5. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

And its not even "new". Someone drove 1600 miles on it already. If you're gonna sell at a premium markup, at least have the decency to let it sit as investment and not touch/drive it.

6. dsm363

How could someone only drive it 1,600 miles then ditch it? Wish them next of luck but think it will probably sell for no more than $90k.

7. TSLAModelS

TSLAModelS Member

The owner loves the car, and testing the market. Wasn't planning on selling, that's why the high amount of miles in such a short amount of time.

8. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I hope they get what they are asking for! Screw depreciation!

9. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Oh, one of those deals. Perhaps then the title of this thread should be: Model S #1355 Not Really For Sale, But Just Thought I'd See If Someone Wants To Give Me A Super Nice Chunk Of Change So I Can Take A Profit And Then Reserve Myself Another Model S (Because I Love This Car Just That Much) And Have It Partially Paid For.

10. dsm363

They love the car but are testing the market....good luck. This would have worked better with one of the Signatures but maybe they'll get lucky and find a buyer.

11. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Tesla's really pumping them out now. I'd be shocked if he got anywhere near that price for a used MS. Certainly nobody on this site would be interested.

12. TSLAModelS

TSLAModelS Member

Will keep you posted on how it turns out. Thanks for the feedback.

13. Grendal

Grendal SpaceX Moderator

Or...I'd like to upgrade my standard Model S for a Performance and I'm willing to wait for it if you're willing to pay a lot extra for my standard.

Good luck. It's certainly worth the try.

14. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

For a non-performance 85kWh, nobody in their right mind is going to pay a $40k premium when lead times are down to 3-4 months. Plus they wouldn't be getting the tax credit either.

15. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I feel like putting my Roadster up on the market after reading this.... I really love it, don't want to sell it, but if you have $300,000 you may be able to slide it out of my hands ;)

16. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Especially when a performance model with less miles can be had for less...

17. mstubbs

mstubbs Member

Model S Used Car still a used car

Anyway you look at it it's still a used car which means no federal tax credit and value deprecation as soon as it hits the street like any other car. I don't think the selling price is going to fly but good luck. I see quite a few of the roadsters selling for far less than what they were costing new just a year or two ago. I'm sure the Model S will be no exception.

18. Enadler

Enadler Member

Interesting the price is now down to $119K. I guess he really does want to sell it.

19. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

It's still way too much to ever think it would sell.

20. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

That's because someone else had listed a P85 at $119,900 so he had to come down. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TESLA-MODEL-S-PERFORMANCE-85kWh-Loaded-Car-Year-Available-You-Now-/111003903215?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d85924ef#ht_836wt_1165

There is also a 60kWh just listed at $92,500 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tesla-Model-S-Actual-Car-No-Reserve-/290852122137?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b8232e19#ht_534wt_1165
    He doesn't even have the car yet either 'I will be taking the delivery of this car in Chicago next week.' lol

Even on that one, it's still a $15k premium since the buyer won't be able to claim tax credit.

I also just noticed in the design studio, they are now listing the tesla personal delivery and prep fees up front. ;)