Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S #166 - on eBay - in Portland, Maine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I wonder how they managed to slip by Tesla's resale policy.
My understanding was that the car could not be purchased for resale to so that the dealership-free sales model couldn't be undermined and also to keep the cost of EV's down so that they are more likely to become adopted by the general public.

My MVPA said this: "Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is not now, nor as a result of this transaction will Buyer become, a dealer or distributor of Tesla motor vehicles."

My understanding was that the car could not be purchased for resale to so that the dealership-free sales model couldn't be undermined and also to keep the cost of EV's down so that they are more likely to become adopted by the general public.

My MVPA said this: "Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is not now, nor as a result of this transaction will Buyer become, a dealer or distributor of Tesla motor vehicles."

Hmm, are we sure this isn't anything more than a spammy content aggregator? Seems to be polling eBay and other sites for listings. Also:

Toyota Dealers - Toyota Dealerships
Mitsubishi Dealers - Mitsubishi Dealerships

I think the key here is "used Tesla cars for sale". Anyone can sell their car, the MVPA just says that you acknowledge you're not an official retailer.