Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 19" Tempest Wheel and Winter Tire Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
69D634A3-A9E8-4804-ABF6-93918462AB38.jpeg

All I want is to be able to safely operate this vehicle Tesla sold me in December. This vehicles is unbelievably unsafe given they only ship these vehicles with summer only tires in Winter climates with no other feasible solution available. Tesla, seriously, WTF.
I don’t think that is correct. In the Cleveland market, the come with All-Season 19’s, including my Model S. If you are getting a summer 19 in a winter climate then something is not right. Picked mine up around Thanksgiving with All-Seasons.

Are you talking about Plaid or early on when 19s were summer?

has anyone else received their tire package. I ordered back in Dec, and STILL dont have them. and being told they dont know when they will come. its no where you can a oem wheel, winter tire, TPMS installed for the price Tesla is charging. everything else worth looking it at is over 4k. and at that point mine as well get signature wheels. this is horrible at this point. mine as well cxl my order. hell winter is over at this point.

has anyone else received their tire package. I ordered back in Dec, and STILL dont have them. and being told they dont know when they will come. its no where you can a oem wheel, winter tire, TPMS installed for the price Tesla is charging. everything else worth looking it at is over 4k. and at that point mine as well get signature wheels. this is horrible at this point. mine as well cxl my order. hell winter is over at this point.
Yes I finally got mine last week (ordered December 6). One of the wheels was damaged though, of course. So waiting on a replacement wheel now.

And my guess is they won’t put these back for sale this spring/summer in prep for next winter?

Absolute worst thing about my S in Colorado has been the tire situation. I’m on the 21s and I cannot find a damn way to get tires for the car for more than half the year. Absolutely ridiculous, and nobody at Tesla has any solutions at all.

And my guess is they won’t put these back for sale this spring/summer in prep for next winter?

Absolute worst thing about my S in Colorado has been the tire situation. I’m on the 21s and I cannot find a damn way to get tires for the car for more than half the year. Absolutely ridiculous, and nobody at Tesla has any solutions at all.

Yup, supply chain is a joke, eh? Just useless...

Reactions: jebinc
thanks for the update. hopefully the wheel is replaced quickly, I dont think they have a issue with getting those.
Thanks for confirming that the package actually exists, that someone did receive it. My service center tells me they have the wheels but not the winter tires.

I got my MS delivered in Dec with summers. Ordered Winter package on Dec 6. Still waiting. Talked to tesla and they agreed to swap summers for all seasons- but waiting on those as well - since Dec.

Well now its almost April, I don't need either all seasons or winters any more. Maybe one of them will come in before the the next winter.