TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S & 2 roadsters for sale

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Alan, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Alan

Alan Member

2. mellington

mellington Member

The Model S listing looks wrong, it reads like a P in terms of performance. The dashboard trim is very new in the configuration, have any cars been delivered to the UK with the top of dash trim?

3. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

The Model S is a P85 which is how it's described.

If we take the ad at face value (i.e. assume that every included option has been listed, and none have been missed out) then the list price on that car (after government grant) is £81k. I suspect it probably has other options on it (air at the very least; I don't think any coil cars have yet been delivered) but there's no question that the asking price is well above what this owner paid for their car.

The person writing the listing has obviously taken the info from the current website (which includes the alcantara upper dash as a free option with the P85). The car doesn't actually have it - no UK cars do yet (though I know of at least one owner who is having it retrofitted on to their car in the near future).

4. Alan

Alan Member

Coil cars have been delivered - had mine for 9 days & loving it!

5. mellington

mellington Member

I didn't take the alcantara or extended leather, I didn't think it was great value nor added much (black leather seats) to the car. I do like the dash covering though.