Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Model S 2012 – 2016 HID headlamps (both sides)

Only Trons

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2013
Northern Virginia
Original headlamps from 2013 Model S. My car was hit by another vehicle who cut a left turn too sharply while I was waiting at the exit from a parking lot. Police cited the other driver. The left side headlamp has a slight scuff mark but is functional. Right side is undamaged. These original part numbers are no longer available and were replaced with version 00-D. The price of the new ones were $1,400 apiece at the time, but I understand they may be more than $1,500 now.

Part numbers of the original lamps are:

6005906-00-C HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY - SAE – LEFT Model S Feb 2012 - Mar 2016

6005907-00-C HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY - SAE – RIGHT Model S Feb 2012 - Mar 2016

Offering both for $300. Could be useful for someone doing their own repairs on an early Model S. I am located in Northern Virginia. Would be easiest for someone local to purchase these. If you want them shipped, I’ll go to UPS and determine the price for shipping to your address and the buyer will have to pay those shipping costs.

Original headlamps from 2013 Model S. My car was hit by another vehicle who cut a left turn too sharply while I was waiting at the exit from a parking lot. Police cited the other driver. The left side headlamp has a slight scuff mark but is functional. Right side is undamaged. These original part numbers are no longer available and were replaced with version 00-D. The price of the new ones were $1,400 apiece at the time, but I understand they may be more than $1,500 now.

Part numbers of the original lamps are:

6005906-00-C HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY - SAE – LEFT Model S Feb 2012 - Mar 2016

6005907-00-C HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY - SAE – RIGHT Model S Feb 2012 - Mar 2016

Offering both for $300. Could be useful for someone doing their own repairs on an early Model S. I am located in Northern Virginia. Would be easiest for someone local to purchase these. If you want them shipped, I’ll go to UPS and determine the price for shipping to your address and the buyer will have to pay those shipping costs.
Mind sending a pic of the lights? I live pretty close and may be interested. Thanks

Only Trons

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2013
Northern Virginia
See attached two pics.

To get an idea of where my car was hit, one photo shows the damage to the front fender of the car. The fender that took the brunt of the damage. The headlamp was "scuffed."

The other photo shows the headlamp and the scuffed area, as best as I could get with my phone camera. It is difficult to see in the photo so I tried to draw a line around the scuffed area. It is barely noticeable to the eye.

I don't have a photo of the other headlamp, but it is undamaged. 20210517_152643.jpg 20220812_101829.jpg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC