Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2013 MCU upgrade pro and cons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. Please help lol. Got call today from service. I can have chip replaced for free but still mcu1 or can upgrade all new screens new mcu for 1500. Is it worth it tho since I have pre AP 2013 model s. So basically il get netflix an faster screen for 1500. Thats about it thought correct? Has anyone else upgraded with an older model? Do u feel it was worth the $
its worth it...its like a whole new interface to me. screen id clearer and music sounds better(dont know why)-i was leary but its deff worth it

I have a 2014 P85 with AP1 and have been considering doing the Infotainment Upgrade for $1500 (+tax) and I see that I would most likely keep my premium connectivity, but would lose AM/FM/XM Radio. But I want to keep XM Radio. I recently saw an article that states that the Model S and X have or will receive a software update to utilize XM Radio. Does anyone know if I get the upgrade, will I get the SW update to use XM Radio?

I have a 2014 P85 with AP1 and have been considering doing the Infotainment Upgrade for $1500 (+tax) and I see that I would most likely keep my premium connectivity, but would lose AM/FM/XM Radio. But I want to keep XM Radio. I recently saw an article that states that the Model S and X have or will receive a software update to utilize XM Radio. Does anyone know if I get the upgrade, will I get the SW update to use XM Radio?

Check here:

You can add another 500$ to keep FM/XM. It is a hardware module.