Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2013 US -> EU conversion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I replaced my tail lights with the european version, and installed the rear fog light. But the rear fog light doens't work, and the tail lights behave as the US version (both braking and turn lights blink at the same time). What I'm missing here?

I changed in internal.dat:

euvehicle 1
rearfog 1

I redeployed with service-redeploy.

I see the rear for light buttong in the UI, but it does nothing. Also, the rear fog light indicator does not appear in the IC.
The lights are properly installed (i.e. everything else work, and there is only one conenctor per light).

Should I change the region of the vehicle? Are you sure I don't need eulightning??

Hi guys, I replaced my tail lights with the european version, and installed the rear fog light. But the rear fog light doens't work, and the tail lights behave as the US version (both braking and turn lights blink at the same time). What I'm missing here?

I changed in internal.dat:

euvehicle 1
rearfog 1

I redeployed with service-redeploy.

I see the rear for light buttong in the UI, but it does nothing. Also, the rear fog light indicator does not appear in the IC.
The lights are properly installed (i.e. everything else work, and there is only one conenctor per light).

Should I change the region of the vehicle? Are you sure I don't need eulightning??
Hi,
Did you figure it out? Bought US spec model S and now looking for a way to modify gateway config so I can separate brake light from turn signals.
Can you help me out?

Hi,
Did you figure it out? Bought US spec model S and now looking for a way to modify gateway config so I can separate brake light from turn signals.
Can you help me out?
Yes, I wanted to write a guide on this, but I'm completely overloaded with work and personal affairs. Essentially you need toolbox2, user level access is fine. You go to the PEKTRON module panel and reprogram it. It takes literally 2s and it is done.

Since most likely you don't have toolbox2 access, you might need a nice guy in a service center to do this for you. I'm not sure if toolbox3 can do this, I've never tried.

Reactions: remyygaa
I actually did it the old fashioned way. Don't get me wrong, I will buy the expensive diagnostic equipment, but it will not be now, and I need the car road legal NOW.
About the taillights conversion. I rerouted the taillights at BCM harness. Mine was blinking everything (taillight, stop light, turn signal) at the rear lights when hazard lights is on. Taillight was rewired to rear licence plate lights, stoplight to the 3rd stop on the rear trunk door and turn signals to headlight turn signals.
At that moment the BCM realised there were no rear turn signals(fast blinking and no blinking sound), so i installed 2x 100ohm 50W resistors to the original turn signal output at the BCM. The turn signals were again blinking fast, so the board inside the taillights had to be modified so it would return the correct signal that the taillight turn signal was blinking correctly. Finally while doing the taillight board, replaced the 9 diodes responsible for the turn signal with yellow diodes.
Everything works fine now and the car doesn't realise something is different.

I actually did it the old fashioned way. Don't get me wrong, I will buy the expensive diagnostic equipment, but it will not be now, and I need the car road legal NOW.
About the taillights conversion. I rerouted the taillights at BCM harness. Mine was blinking everything (taillight, stop light, turn signal) at the rear lights when hazard lights is on. Taillight was rewired to rear licence plate lights, stoplight to the 3rd stop on the rear trunk door and turn signals to headlight turn signals.
At that moment the BCM realised there were no rear turn signals(fast blinking and no blinking sound), so i installed 2x 100ohm 50W resistors to the original turn signal output at the BCM. The turn signals were again blinking fast, so the board inside the taillights had to be modified so it would return the correct signal that the taillight turn signal was blinking correctly. Finally while doing the taillight board, replaced the 9 diodes responsible for the turn signal with yellow diodes.
Everything works fine now and the car doesn't realise something is different.
hello, I also now converting USA to EU tesla MS fl, can You say how You modifyed rear tailight return signal to BCM that turn signals would blink correctly?

You can do that yourself buying toolbox access, if BEFORE you can change the flag euvehicle 0 -> 1. Just reinstall the BDY (Body Controller) firmware in toolbox and everything will work fine.
thx for reply, i don't havetoolbox and cable for tesla, i just wanted to do it old school way by taking wires from headlamp and back midle stop signal, just need to fool somehow signal comming from tailight pin4 (OUTAGE).

US cars need both the taillights/stoplight AND turn signal to be lit in order for the correct feedback to be sent back to BCM.
I did it by modification of the boards inside the taillights.
alternatively you can just wire a relay/transistor that grounds the feedback pin with control of the relay wired to turn signal signal.