Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2015 rear wheel 20x10 ET43 wont fit

adix

Apr 23, 2022
Finland
Hello!

For the summer i was going to use the wheels from my old car but they wont seem to fit in the rear.

The rear wheels i have are 20x10 ET43 with 275/30r20 tires.

The wheel is touching the plastic parts on the inside, seems to be too wide.
Is it okay to cut some of that plastic?
I also tried buying spacers 15mm to make them fit but the studs are too short.
I would love to use these vertini wheels that were really expensive and have no real second hand value. Is there anything i can do? Has anyone successfully cut away plastic from the rear to make their wheels fit? Or put longer studs with spacers? What ET shoild i be aiming for? I can probably fit 5mm spacer to make the ET 38 but will that help even?

My 20x10.5 wheels are ET 42 and that would not clear unless I put on a 6mm spacer making it ET 36. I also had to zip tie the wheel well liner in order for it to not touch the wheel.

Did you find a solution?
Can you tell me your front offsets? And which rim brand / design? I’m looking into something with a concave effect myself, and the requirement of an ABE (for German TÜV).

Can you tell me your front offsets? And which rim brand / design? I’m looking into something with a concave effect myself, and the requirement of an ABE (for German TÜV).
Vossen HF3 Satin Black
20x9 - 225/35/20 - ET 35
2x10.5 - 255/30/20 - ET 36

I will be putting on spacers to get a lip to fender fitment as well as lowering.

You can get better specs than this, but I bought these for a bargain used so I have to work with what I have.

Inspiration: 2017 Tesla S 75D with 20x10 Rohana Rfx11 and Nankang 255x35 on Stock Suspension | 2024179 | Fitment Industries

bSpS8V3.jpg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC