TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S 2016.5 with AP 2.0

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Jawzipn, Mar 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Hi All,

My first post here. I have been on the market for a Model S since December of 2018. I was close to buying two different ones, but both ended up being snagged before I could see the car and make an offer. I am looking for a 2016.5 or newer Model S, with AP 2.0 hardware. The AP, EAP, FSD itself doesn't need to be enabled, although that would be a plus. I am open to any color, with miles lower then 50k preferred. I wouldn't mind the 60, 70, or 75 kwh configuration. Doesn't need to be dual motor/AWD, since I live in Southern California. Overall I am looking for a cheap 2016.5 Model S with AP 2.0. There have been several with the above requirements that have slipped out of my hand listed at $48,000-50k. With that being said I am looking at around that range. I don't mind paying more for a well optioned one. I am in Southern California, specifically Los Angeles. I would be willing to commute anywhere in the continental US to get the right car. Please help me find my next daily driver. Any leads are much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Bump someone point me in the right direction. :)

3. islandchick

islandchick Banned

4. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Thank you. I have tried this website to no avail. When I check AP 2.0 or 2.5 there are less then 5 cars that show up. Really would like to get that unicorn 2016 with AP 2.0 and free supercharging. The AP doesn't need to be activated just the HW needs to be there.

5. Pismo

Pismo Member

6. TM Parts

TM Parts Teslamotive

Interested in a rebuilt title? Kind of high miles.

2016 Model S 75D with 65k miles though.

Midnight silver
    Metal Roof
    Air suspension
    Textile seats
    Free Supercharging
    AP Enabled
    Power liftgate

Selling it with a 2 year / 30,000 mile warranty on the entire car. Located in Sacramento

$36,000.

7. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Appreciate you sharing, but I just can't see myself dealing with the registration process of a salvage vehicle here in California. Also the miles are more then what I would like.

8. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

If you scroll down you can see I asked for a price yesterday. Appreciate you sharing though.

9. TM Parts

TM Parts Teslamotive

No problem. Just an FYI, there are no issues registering a rebuilt title in CA. They're more than used to it.

10. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

So this car would not be subject to a CHP inspection ? receipts for all parts replaced, with VINs from vehicles it was replaced from? Please correct me if I am wrong but if the model year for a car is more than 3 years old it would not require that hassle. Also I apologize if I am not familiar with the Tesla rebuilt process, but don't they cut you off all over the air updates to the vehicle, as well as any AP features, and Super charging? Would appreciate any insight you may have on both matters

11. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

12. TM Parts

TM Parts Teslamotive

No CHP for Tesla vehicles to this date. You still get updates and I make sure supercharging stays on. Tesla sells it with the vehicle, they don't have the right to disable it. Never heard of AP getting disabled either lol

13. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Attached Files:

14. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

We should probably talk. I'm getting persuaded to sell my 2nd Model S, which fits your parameters aside from the price. You may find the additional features worth a few extra bucks. It's somewhat of a unicorn, apparently.

Feel free to PM me - I'm in the Los Angeles area for another couple of months, more or less.

15. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Ok well I just sent u a pm

16. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

Yeah that's some BS. Mark the ad as spam.

Good luck in your unicorn search. Let us know how it turns out!

17. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Hey I just sent you a pm.

18. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Still looking....

19. phazen32

phazen32 Member

At the risk of wasting your time (I'm not sure how serious I am yet), I have a silver 75d (delivered 12/2016) that I'm pondering putting out there. It'd have to be low 50s though. It's uncorked, has EAP, next gen seats, sunroof, premium audio/powered liftgate and unlimited supercharging. Lacks SAS and SubZero package.. I'll see if I can get some pics and a copy of the build sheet this weekend. I'm in the Pacific NW though.

20. Jawzipn

Jawzipn Member

Sounds good I would be willing to buy it since that is checking off almost everything I am looking for. Lets stay in touch, I sent you a pm.