Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2016 headlights too 'bright'?

boshk

Jan 20, 2020
Hong Kong
Is there a way to adjust the headlight or find out if there is anything wrong with them?

I always get oncoming cars flashing their headlights at me at night so I'm assuming my headlights are too bright OR they think I have my high beam on

It gets even brighter when I put my High beam on...

Is it a Tesla LED thing or is there something wrong with my lights?

thanks

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
maybe they are misaligned and aiming high?
NO Tesla headlights are "too bright" (at least not in the model S). They are a little on the dim side and need perfect alignment.
I would love better ones...

Snerruc

Apr 16, 2016
Palm Bay
If you pop the two plastic panels by the fenders in the frunk, there is a hole to an adjustment screw to raise or lower the beam from the light. You need a long shank screwdriver. I’ve always had to adjust them up from the factory setting. First one I’ve heard about the other way.

• Informative
Reactions: boshk

boshk

Jan 20, 2020
Hong Kong
Thanks!! works a treat, don't know why they don't put that in the manual but one of my lights doesnt adjust, booked an appointment together with air con pump vibration servicing

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC