Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - 2016 Voorbumper Ombouw - Groupbuy

Is er animo voor een front bumper upgrade indien deze ca. 2.500 Euro zou gaan kosten.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inmiddels laat een andere leverancier voor een "facelift" ook weer van zich horen, Karstyle uit Engeland. Deze is inmiddels ook zo ver en biedt een compleet gespoten bumper aan voor een bedrag van $ 2.500, te leveren in december van dit jaar.

Knipsel.JPG

Knipsel#2.JPG

Persoonlijk vind ik dat ze het goed voor elkaar hebben met een goed verhaal. Nu nog overtuigd raken van de looks.

En Karstyle is nu niet heel erg betrouwbaar....
Houd er ook rekening mee dat veel goedkope plastic en polyester niet mooi blijven vaak gaan ze wat golven.
Ik weet dus niet wat voor kwaliteit deze bedrijven leveren.

Ik ken 2 mensen die bij karstyle besteld hebben en vooruit betaald hebben en geen contact meer krijgen en dus geen bumper hebben gekregen en ook geen geld terug. Helemaal niets dus. Ik zou karstyle mijden als de pest en voor de tsportsline gaan. Die zijn wel betrouwbaard gebleken.

Dan is de website met het verkooppraatje helaas het enigste wat ze goed voor elkaar hebben. :( Maar goed, ben er voor mezelf nog niet uit, dus laat het nog even rusten en ergens zal er wel een besluit vallen in mijn hoofd is mijn ervaring. :)

Karstyle... Ik krijg elke keer toch wel binnen 2 dagen contact. Soms mailen ze ook spontaan. Zoals onderstaande bericht.
Beloofde lever datum was initieel augustus... dat loopt wat uit.
Aanbetaling was 500 euro... middels Paypall. Zou mogelijk geld terug kunnen vragen, maar ben wel benieuwd met wat Karstyle afkomt.

Onderstaand kan je gelijk wat lezen over de kwaliteit.

Here is an update re your new Karstyle bumper. I’ll explain the situation in detail so you fully understand what is going on here. Karstyle is not a big company; it began as a small group of Model S owners having, either a dislike of the old Model S nose cone, or were disenchanted at suddenly owning ‘the old Model S’. We wanted to update our cars! We learned that it is impossible to use the updated Tesla parts on the old Model S as they won’t fit (even the hood is different). It was decided to manufacture our own bumper, and to make it financially viable for ourselves, we decided to make available to other Tesla owners to spread the costs. I took on the responsibility for making it happen.

Initially, we only planned to make about 25-50 bumpers using lay-up methods, and we expected to be able to deliver these bumpers in August 2016. We soon realised that many Tesla owner wanted to update their cars to the new look, and the price needed to be lower for all of us. Using lay-up methods, the product would look great, but the price would be high (around $3,500 USD), and because these methods are very labour-intensive, there is no way bring down the cost. Furthermore, this manufacturing process is incredibly slow and incapable of producing the necessary volume to meet the know demand.

At the beginning of June, we to put ourselves in the hands of highly-competent automotive experts (who design for Jaguar, Bentley, and Nissan), and on their advice, we employed an equally experienced OEM to manufacture the product. Because we needed to change our production method to one of mass-production, the development timeline needed to be adjusted accordingly. In terms of daily communication, this process is world apart from working with small manufacturers that typically use lay-up processes.

There were two processes available to us, Pressure Injection Moulding and Reactive Injection Mounding (RIM). Pressure Injection Moulding has a very high tooling cost (nearly $1 million!) and a development timeline of about 9-12 months, however, it results in a high-quality item at a much lower unit cost than RIM, especially, for higher volumes. RIM has a more moderate tooling cost and the manufacturer can produce about 100 items per month. The cost per unit is much lower than using lay-up methods, but more expensive than Pressure Injection Moulding (for high volume.) By Using the RIM process, we could deliver our bumper in 5 to 9 months.

For a multitude or reasons, delivery time being one of them, we chose to manufacture to product using the Reactive Injection Moulding process. The process met our demands for high-quality, moderate volume production, a viable manufacturing cost, together with a reasonable manufacturing timeline. This timeline was estimated at five-to-nine months start-to-finish, if there are no bottlenecks. So far, there are none. Using this method of manufacture, we were able to reduce the price from the initial estimate of $3,500 USD to $2,500 USD. However, it is necessary to manufacture a minimum of 500 units to achieve this price.

For delivery, as worst case scenario we are looking at December 2016. Delivery is directly linked to the development timeline. There aren’t any problems. It’s just a normal timeline for a Reactive Injection Moulding project. On completion, the first batch of bumpers will be flown into the UK and US for reservation holders.

The chances of the product being delivered is 100%, barring an act of God. I have personally underwritten the overdraft to pay for all of necessary tooling and inventory, so, the worst case scenario is that everyone gets their bumper, and I end-up lot of stock that I can’t sell. It’s a lot of money, and I am using my home as security, as I not wealthy man! I am however, confident that I will be able to sell all of the available inventory of 450 products (50 are in reserve for accidents) and will be thrilled to see the bumper product appear on Tesla cars, including my own. Body Shops all around the world have also shown a lot of interest in fitting the bumper for Tesla clients (including U.S Europe, China, and Australia)

• Informative
Reactions: HWS and ebullio