Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2017 75D wont sleep properly 1hr sleep, 15min awake repeat...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Let's stick with English please. You can do it.
2) I've a newer software version than what you are showing (see my signature below) and my vampire drain is much more than when I was on MCU1 (as I've reported above).

Ok, When did they install the MCU2 and with Teslamate you can prove/ show the difference. That is what I did and they did really there best to solve it.
They first start to blame 3the party consumers and 12V battery. After that they look into it.

But seeing your Teslamate and compare it with mine in this period, I think it's your 12V battery that is consuming .

MCU2 use a bit more battery because it deals with power management differently then the MCU1. I was told.

Ok, When did they install the MCU2 and with Teslamate you can prove/ show the difference. That is what I did and they did really there best to solve it.
They first start to blame 3the party consumers and 12V battery. After that they look into it.

But seeing your Teslamate and compare it with mine in this period, I think it's your 12V battery that is consuming .

MCU2 use a bit more battery because it deals with power management differently then the MCU1. I was told.

I do not use any third party tools, including Teslamate, etc. and my 12V battery has been pronounced as "healthy" by Tesla. I'm between 1 to 2% vampire loss per day. MCU2 was not designed for the cars which were built with MCU1 and it draws more energy from the HV battery in these older cars. That's been discussed here numerous times. One theory is the lack of "Standby Power supply" in the older cars which MCU2 would benefit from. If you have not done that, search for "Standby Power supply" in the forum.

I do not use any third party tools, including Teslamate, etc. and my 12V battery has been pronounced as "healthy" by Tesla. I'm between 1 to 2% vampire loss per day. MCU2 was not designed for the cars which were built with MCU1 and it draws more energy from the HV battery in these older cars. That's been discussed here numerous times. One theory is the lack of "Standby Power supply" in the older cars which MCU2 would benefit from. If you have not done that, search for "Standby Power supply" in the forum.
I think we miscommunicate ;) . I have no issue, I thought you had en issue and tried to solve it.

So it been almost 20 hours since I parked the 75D and it been waking up for 15 mins or so every hour but the battery have been stable at 48%, that can't be correct?
tesla sleeping2.jpg

I think we miscommunicate ;) . I have no issue, I thought you had en issue and tried to solve it.

As I said, my current software version is newer than the version you are referring to. My vampire drain is still much higher than when I was on MCU1. That seems to be the way the older cars behave once they upgrade to MCU2 for the reason I mentioned. Thanks for trying to help :)

Reactions: Maurice1
I myself also have a MS90 2017 with the upgraded MCU and the seem pattern as @ZzRicezZ .

If you only poll the Tesla API without waking up the car (e.g. show the vehicles list in your account), this is what a night look like for me:
Time | State
08:25:54 | Offline
08:23:54 | Online
07:24:44 | Offline
07:22:44 | Online
06:22:44 | Offline
06:21:44 | Online
05:21:44 | Offline
05:20:44 | Online
04:20:44 | Offline
04:16:44 | Online
03:16:44 | Offline
03:14:44 | Online
02:14:44 | Offline
02:13:44 | Online
01:13:44 | Offline
01:12:44 | Online

As you can see the car gets the state online exactly 1 hour of being offline. This is without a connected app (Teslamate disabled, iOS disabled, password Tesla acct changed).
I don't know why it is doing this, but if the car is at my home, the car is constantly connected to the Wifi, hence it will never go into the real deep sleep.

Oh furthermore the vampire drain for me is ok if I have Teslamate on.
About 1% per day.
If I shut down Teslamate and not use it for a week, I have a drain of 4% in 7 days.
SW Version 2022.24.8

Teslamate states that my Vampire Drain averages between 30-50W
When Teslamate is disabled it averages between 4-20W
And keep in mind that my car still cycles online every hour on the API.

When I park my car for a longer time, I just shutdown Teslamate for now.

Reactions: Droschke
As you can see the car gets the state online exactly 1 hour of being offline. This is without a connected app (Teslamate disabled, iOS disabled, password Tesla acct changed).
I don't know why it is doing this, but if the car is at my home, the car is constantly connected to the Wifi, hence it will never go into the real deep sleep.

If it was a wifi thing then, I should see the same thing with my M3P? last checked it still been sleeping for over a day now. I think it is something with the older tesla model s and how the MCU2 is configured somehow.

I myself also have a MS90 2017 with the upgraded MCU and the seem pattern as @ZzRicezZ .

If you only poll the Tesla API without waking up the car (e.g. show the vehicles list in your account), this is what a night look like for me:
Time | State
08:25:54 | Offline
08:23:54 | Online
07:24:44 | Offline
07:22:44 | Online
06:22:44 | Offline
06:21:44 | Online
05:21:44 | Offline
05:20:44 | Online
04:20:44 | Offline
04:16:44 | Online
03:16:44 | Offline
03:14:44 | Online
02:14:44 | Offline
02:13:44 | Online
01:13:44 | Offline
01:12:44 | Online

Oh furthermore the vampire drain for me is ok if I have Teslamate on.
About 1% per day.
If I shut down Teslamate and not use it for a week, I have a drain of 4% in 7 days.
SW Version 2022.24.8

Teslamate states that my Vampire Drain averages between 30-50W
When Teslamate is disabled it averages between 4-20W
And keep in mind that my car still cycles online every hour on the API.

When I park my car for a longer time, I just shutdown Teslamate for now.

I don't use any third party app and I observe my S85 waking up every hour as well. See Model S 2017 75D wont sleep properly 1hr sleep, 15min awake repeat... . So your finding matches my observation.

If it was a wifi thing then, I should see the same thing with my M3P? last checked it still been sleeping for over a day now. I think it is something with the older tesla model s and how the MCU2 is configured somehow.

It's because the older model S cars don't have the standby power supply so the MCU2 can benefit from. See all these posts:

This seems to be the main issue behind higher vampire drain when MCU1 in an older (pre-2018) model S car is upgraded to MCU2.