Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2019 Performance "Raven" question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a couple of 2019 Performance Model S's with Ludicrous mode.

Reading the article above about Raven Model S's it states, " In addition, buyers who already own a Model S or Model X will receive a free “Ludicrous” Performance Update when they purchase a new performance model."

5YJSA1E49KF331929
So looking at a car with this 2019 Model S Performance + Ludicrous VIN with an asking price of $89K, I'm trying to figure out if this is a good price by trying to figure out the original MSRP. The Kelly Blue Book website says the 2019 Model S Performance had a MSRP of $100,200 PLUS $20K for Ludicrous which would put the original MSRP at $120K at least. However the article linked above says Ludicrous was free, putting the original MSRP at $100,200 plus options.

So what was the original MSRP of this car before options?

Thanks!

It depends on when the car is purchased. Like the current Plaid, prices go up and down at random through the year. Back then Ludicrous free, ludicrous not free. The 2020 non-performance Raven went from $69,400 to $81,100, sometimes would go down at the end of a quarter, depending on when you bought it. Full Self Driving went up and down from $3500 to $10000.

The referenced article says if you already own a Tesla and buy a new one, you can get free Ludicrous. Not every purchaser gets it free..

Reactions: ualdriver
It depends on when the car is purchased. Like the current Plaid, prices go up and down at random through the year. Back then Ludicrous free, ludicrous not free. The 2020 non-performance Raven went from $69,400 to $81,100, sometimes would go down at the end of a quarter, depending on when you bought it. Full Self Driving went up and down from $3500 to $10000.

OK, thanks. So it's likely then that Ludicrous WAS free as the article states. I didn't realize there was such variations in price. Makes it hard to look at prices for these 2019s and 2020s and know if one is getting a good deal or not : (

I'm trying to figure out how anyone is selling their Model S anywhere near $90k when you can get a brand new one for the same price. What am I missing?
I'm in the market now for a 2019 or 2020. The used car market is hot (i.e. crazy) right now with their asking prices. That's why I'm still in the market : ) Patiently waiting. I wouldn't pay anywhere $90K for a used Model S unless it was a Performance model for that very reason. For $95K I can get exactly what I want brand new (non-Performance model).