Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2021 Refresh Computer Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new LRMS yesterday and since then have had quite a few issues regarding autopilot and the ”smart“ functions of the vehicle (regenerative braking, lane keep assist, traction control, etc). I installed an update and it seemed to have fixed the issue, but just today, after starting to drive the car again, these issues came back. I cannot use Autopilot or any other ”smart” functions and am essentially driving a bare bones old Tesla Model S for all intensive purposes. I was wondering if anyone else has these issues and if there’s a fix for it that can be used until the next update is pushed to these cars.

I picked up my new LRMS yesterday and since then have had quite a few issues regarding autopilot and the ”smart“ functions of the vehicle (regenerative braking, lane keep assist, traction control, etc). I installed an update and it seemed to have fixed the issue, but just today, after starting to drive the car again, these issues came back. I cannot use Autopilot or any other ”smart” functions and am essentially driving a bare bones old Tesla Model S for all intensive purposes. I was wondering if anyone else has these issues and if there’s a fix for it that can be used until the next update is pushed to these cars.
You may want to elaborate a bit more. What do you mean you can’t use them?

If the car is brand new it takes time for the vehicle cameras to calibrate. What happens when you attempt to engage the autonomous features?

You may want to elaborate a bit more. What do you mean you can’t use them?

If the car is brand new it takes time for the vehicle cameras to calibrate. What happens when you attempt to engage the autonomous features?
The functions are completely disabled.

-Traction Control
-Autopilot (no response whatsoever) as if Autopilot isn’t even installed onto the car as an active function
-Lane keeping assist
-Green Light Alerts

All of those vehicle functions are disabled and a system reboot does not bring them back. In addition to that, I get alerts about every 30 seconds while driving, telling me to cautiously drive as these functions are disabled. I’m not too sure this has to do with autopilot, as other functions are affected as well. The car now has 124 miles on it, so it should have everything working normally. I’m guessing that because a software update temporarily fixed these issues, that this is more software related than hardware.

The functions are completely disabled.

-Traction Control
-Autopilot (no response whatsoever) as if Autopilot isn’t even installed onto the car as an active function
-Lane keeping assist
-Green Light Alerts

All of those vehicle functions are disabled and a system reboot does not bring them back. In addition to that, I get alerts about every 30 seconds while driving, telling me to cautiously drive as these functions are disabled. I’m not too sure this has to do with autopilot, as other functions are affected as well. The car now has 124 miles on it, so it should have everything working normally. I’m guessing that because a software update temporarily fixed these issues, that this is more software related than hardware.
Everything on your list, with the exception of traction control, requires the cameras to be calibrated.
Green light alerts require FSD.

Sounds like you need a service appointment if you care receiving traction control alerts.

Try doing a manual camera recalibration. Select it in the menu. You will need to drive until it says it has completed recalibration. It says 20 - 25 miles. Mine usually finishes within 10 miles.
This actually worked, but I had to do it twice before the car started to act normal. Autopilot still shuts off randomly for no reason, so I’ll have to figure out what that is all about, but all other functions have returned to normal.