Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2021+ refresh Plaid/LR Homelink performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, what is everyone's experience with their HomeLink controls? It works, but I have to be really close to the garage door for it to respond like 20ft or less and it only works from the inside. When I'm coming from the outside, I have to use the physical remote as interference may be blocking the signal. I live in a condo in the city and have never had problems with HomeLink in any of my other cars. My neighbors who have model 3 and Y's use their HomeLink from 70+ feet away and maybe more without problems. I'm wondering if my system is defective or if I did something wrong in my setup. I have standard PPF on my car and I don't believe that it has any affect on signal strength. I don't even know where the receiver is located in the car and will have to look that up.

LED bulbs in your garage door opener can interfere with the signal dramatically. Make sure you get LED bulbs that are shielded specifically for garage door opener use. My guess is this is probably what your experiencing as I don't have any of the issues you described.

Reactions: DerbyDave
It’s working absolutely fine here. I think my house is like 70ft back from the street and I can open/close from the street.

One thing that might help. I added a Home Link to my Wife’s Chevy Volt. But it’s range was horrible. But we noticed it was only bad when the light in the door opener was on.

That gave me a hunch it was noise from the LED bulbs. So I put different brand bulbs in. Now it works from the street with light on or off.

You might try reteaching your home link too.

Reactions: KyleDay