Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Just bought Tesla Model S 2021, I want to replace current 21" Wheel with 19" Wheel with All season tires.

looking recommendation based on your experience and expertise.

I have two choice:

• Tesla Model S 19" Slipstream 19X8.0J SLIPSTREAM wheels with Goodyear all season ($47,00)
Model S 19" Slipstream Wheel and Winter Tire Package

• Tesla Model S 19" TSS Flow Forged 9x8.5" Wheels T with Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Tires ($37,00)
Tesla Model S Wheels-19" TSS Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

which one is better in performance, ride and life. and what is the impact going from 8.0 width to 8.5 .. also what will be impact going aftermarket wheels. Tesla person said no impacts but many forum suggested different.

appreciate the response.

thanks
S

I'll trade you for my new tempest. Took delivery last month and took the, off with 15 miles on them. They are complete with the tires and TPMS still mounted as I switched them when I got home from the delivery.
The good news is I live in Brooklyn, so we are close. Let me know if you are interested.

If anything it will buy you some time.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Both sets will fit and work fine. With the same tire size, a slightly wider wheel may make steering slightly more responsive. You may not even notice this difference, however. The sidewall height does not change, so ride and tire life will also be comparable. The TSS wheels are lighter which should improve the ride and mitigate any aero penalty vs. the slipstream's mostly flat surface. The TSS wheels also have a slightly lower offset which will push them out closer to the edges of the fenders. Many people prefer this look. Other aesthetics are personal preference.

I'll trade you for my new tempest. Took delivery last month and took the, off with 15 miles on them. They are complete with the tires and TPMS still mounted as I switched them when I got home from the delivery.
The good news is I live in Brooklyn, so we are close. Let me know if you are interested.

If anything it will buy you some time.
I am looking Black or gray wheels. thanks for the offer.. i will sell my wheel once get the new one..i only drove so far 233 miles

If you like slipstreams look for used and get powder coating to your color.
Thats what I did, like $300 for a used set and like $550 for the powder coating, and I put on tires for like $900. The powder coat place mounted and balanced the new tires. I had them shipped to him. They came out perfect. I did gloss black. Went to ESPOS on staten island, 2 minutes from the Outerbridge. He does really good work. Never used him before but his reviews were great.