Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2022 - charging door does not open if pressed - normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news on this buddy? Same thing, brand new
After several weeks at the service center (mostly because they were waiting for parts) they eventually fixed the problem. Almost. The charge port door now opens with the charger handle every time, regardless of the car's sleep status. But it still won't open when you press on the charge port door itself. Oh well. It doesn't bother me too much, but it's annoying when I use a Level 2 charger with the J1772 adapter. I'll address it next time the car is in the shop for whatever reason.

This is what they reported: "Found issue within charge port ECU. Performed replacement of charge port ECU and updated firmware to it's latest revision. Once completed, function tested charge port door and verified door is still not opening with input of charge handle. Inspected wiring harness in rear bumper fascia to BLE ECU and found high resistance in harness to Ultra High Frequency Antenna causing issue. Performed replacement of rear bumper harness, BLE and Security control units for UHF antenna signal."

Good luck with your fix. I hope it won't take as long as it did for me.

After several weeks at the service center (mostly because they were waiting for parts) they eventually fixed the problem. Almost. The charge port door now opens with the charger handle every time, regardless of the car's sleep status. But it still won't open when you press on the charge port door itself. Oh well. It doesn't bother me too much, but it's annoying when I use a Level 2 charger with the J1772 adapter. I'll address it next time the car is in the shop for whatever reason.

This is what they reported: "Found issue within charge port ECU. Performed replacement of charge port ECU and updated firmware to it's latest revision. Once completed, function tested charge port door and verified door is still not opening with input of charge handle. Inspected wiring harness in rear bumper fascia to BLE ECU and found high resistance in harness to Ultra High Frequency Antenna causing issue. Performed replacement of rear bumper harness, BLE and Security control units for UHF antenna signal."

Good luck with your fix. I hope it won't take as long as it did for me.
Thanks for the comeback... I'll schedule that asap.

Reactions: M3Jay
No charger. If I use chargers, the door opens just fine.

My door does not open very well when I press on it. The way it looks is it sits too deep and there is not much space to press it down before it opens.
I also had problems with the charge port door not being flush and aligned, and hard to press to open.

I thought it would be a simple thing to fix. WRONG!

On my 4th mobile to get it fixed tommorow, plus all the trim pieces they damaged during the last three attempts.

Using the recently released service manual, I removed all the trim and got a good view of the charge port system.

Note the red 3m foam tape I put over the alum damping sheet torn by Mobile.

If your door works, don't let Tesla take it apart! You will probably regret it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220925_140420904.jpg
    IMG_20220925_140420904.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: DimaCA
Tesla cancelled my mobile with only hours notice, no explanation until I asked. They said they would not do mobile more than three times for the same problem, even though 2 times they can out with no parts, or the wrong ones.

I asked to buy the parts, they refused. When I noted per the EPC, these parts are unrestricted, over the counter, they did not respond.

My only hope is to find a body shop that will sell me the parts, so I can do it myself.

Tesla cancelled my mobile with only hours notice, no explanation until I asked. They said they would not do mobile more than three times for the same problem, even though 2 times they can out with no parts, or the wrong ones.

I asked to buy the parts, they refused. When I noted per the EPC, these parts are unrestricted, over the counter, they did not respond.

My only hope is to find a body shop that will sell me the parts, so I can do it myself.
Maybe you can get the parts from another SC?