Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2022 New Taillight Will NOT Retrofit - Just Confirmed Today :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say there was a lot of FOMO on my part when just after I took delivery of my S, they announced the new refreshed lights. I missed them by this > < much. A few months into this and I really think I like the lights I have better from a looks perspective and performance has been pretty good for my usage. Not that it couldn't be better, but pretty solid.

If someday they get their sht together and really do something with the matrix lights in the US other than spell Merry Christmas, I might be more interested. Considering the pace of updates at times is glacial, I am not holding my breath. By the time they get around to it, I'll likely be looking at upgrading my S for more improvements.

I really think they blew it making the rear lights like the 3. I think the appliqué across the tail makes it more upscale. Since I have a 3, I know am very tuned into to how the taillights look. I have always liked the looks of the S better than the 3 and never really thought the 3 was a good looking car. I'd like them to keep more differentiation between the 3 and S rather than less.
With a big price difference between the 3 and S, they better be looking different.

I haven't seen anything and not worth the effort even if it was possible for 99% of the people. I'm glad I have them but I wouldn't spend thousands to upgrade one that doesn't have them to begin with. I might do it as some point if they died and it was out of warranty.

Reactions: CTruck_BMW
August 2023 now... any updates on at least whether the re-refresh headlights can be retrofitted? I heard that the re-refresh headlights have a slightly better performance at night that the refresh.
Feb 2024: Only thing I found was this: Model S 2022+ Tail Light Upgrade Kit (For 2012-2021 Model)

I have a 2016 Model S with one of the rear light going bad due to water inside and was really thinking about the "but lift". Seems way too expensive though.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja