Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2022 New Taillight Will NOT Retrofit - Just Confirmed Today :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the new Model S Plaid yesterday for a day (with the new tail lights) to make tint and trunk trim wrap for it, and I can confirm that the tail lights body appears to be the same as the old ones, but have in mind you will also need to change the trunk trim if you are retrofitting the tail lights.
Here is a close up:
View attachment 781046

View attachment 781049
View attachment 781048

Is the plaid emblem for sale on your site the same as the emblem that now comes on the plaid ? Cheers

Is the plaid emblem for sale on your site the same as the emblem that now comes on the plaid ? Cheers
Unfortunately no... the Plaid emblems are imported from China, I don't manufacture these (I manufacture all the vinyl, PPF, tint products), and as such I have no control of what the Chinese factories come up with. So far I haven't seen a Chinese factory do the new one, although they probably will at some point. You may want to try asking a Tesla service center whether you can buy just the Plaid emblem from them though.

Reactions: Drew-MS
They list two part numbers, I assume the higher part number is the new badge and the lower part number is the word PLAID:

2TRI MOTOR BADGE1655154-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)11
2TRI MOTOR BADGE1740543-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)11
Next time I am near a SC I will ask for it...would actually love to replace mine with the real one. Although the way used car prices are going up again, who knows I might be able to upgrade to PLAID almost for free in a few more months 😃

Reactions: Drew-MS
SAE should be the new headlight?

1647645020562.png

Since there are not many re-refresh on the road. When do you guys think that we'll know whether if they can be retrofitted?
I’m surprised that this isn’t known yet. The new new S has been around for a month. I guess we’ll know soon. I bet it won’t work and it’ll take a year for someone to develop some sort of adapter. I’m sure many 2020 and lower owners want the new lights

Got a good look at the refreshed refresh Model S and the new taillights yesterday at the dealership. Initially I felt like I was bummed about taking delivery of a 2021 last June, now I'm not sure I care. It's cool, but not like omg I want to trade my car in for that cool. Some pics of a few diff colors and angles attached.

IMG_3458.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3450.jpg
    IMG_3450.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3444.jpg
    IMG_3444.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 111
front headlights looks kinda ugly compare to old ones, the circle make it look like old school bulb/xenons, either way going to try to swap them, waiting for those part numbers :rolleyes:
The headlights is the only thing I’d want upgraded. Old headlights are dim at night compared to the new.

Also I wonder when tesla will allow you to manually set day light running lights while driving and not only on park.

Got a good look at the refreshed refresh Model S and the new taillights yesterday at the dealership. Initially I felt like I was bummed about taking delivery of a 2021 last June, now I'm not sure I care. It's cool, but not like omg I want to trade my car in for that cool. Some pics of a few diff colors and angles attached.

View attachment 783362
That charge port has a lot of sass to it.