Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2022 VIN ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im in the same boat and was assigned a VIN a few weeks ago that I rejected, I'd rather wait a few extra months than have instant depreciation. It already happened when I got my 2015 Model S on Nov 27 of the 2015 year and I was so excited for the car I didn't think about things like this. Lots of folks don't seem to care about this but it really hits hard when you go to sell the car even years down the line like I did earlier this year. No one cares that it was built at the end of the year....its one year old in everyone else's eyes the moment the new year hits.
How do you reject a VIN?

Im in the same boat and was assigned a VIN a few weeks ago that I rejected, I'd rather wait a few extra months than have instant depreciation. It already happened when I got my 2015 Model S on Nov 27 of the 2015 year and I was so excited for the car I didn't think about things like this. Lots of folks don't seem to care about this but it really hits hard when you go to sell the car even years down the line like I did earlier this year. No one cares that it was built at the end of the year....its one year old in everyone else's eyes the moment the new year hits.
Did you receive an updated delivery date or do you get pushed back to front of the line ? I'm debating whether to do the same thing, just received 2021 VIN this morning, i don't understand why they aren't 2022's yet.

Quick update: I rejected the originally assigned 2021 VIN provided to me 9/29/21 in favor of waiting for a 2022 VIN. I woke this morning with a new VIN for a 2022 vehicle. It does not appear that you are placed at the back of the line when rejecting a VIN which is nice considering the situation since I didn't mind waiting a bit longer.

LR, no FSD, white/black interior, 19" rims
Pickup in Vallejo expected this week
VIN: NF459

Quick update: I rejected the originally assigned 2021 VIN provided to me 9/29/21 in favor of waiting for a 2022 VIN. I woke this morning with a new VIN for a 2022 vehicle. It does not appear that you are placed at the back of the line when rejecting a VIN which is nice considering the situation since I didn't mind waiting a bit longer.

I hope you’re luck extends to me. Really hoping for a rematch to a 22 soon.

Welcome to the 2021 reject gang! I had the same experience and am very happy about it. Came in expecting the worst and it only took 3 days to get a new VIN.

I requested mine on Nov 15th and got VIN NF460, which is close to your NF459, so it all checks out.

Reactions: Drew-MS