TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S 21" Silver or Performance Wheels/Tires For Swap or Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by smorgasbord, Jun 8, 2012.

1. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

#1 smorgasbord, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    I'm getting a Model S Performance around October 2012 (I'm reservation #R270). I want the 19" wheels instead of the 21". Rather than just order the 19", I was thinking someone who wanted a 21" set (silver or gray performance) would get a better deal from me than the $3500 Tesla is charging. My understanding is that a second set of 19"ers will cost me another $1000.

So, if your Model S comes about when mine comes we can swap for $1925 ($1750 is half the savings, plus tax). If you want to buy them outright let's talk.

I'm in the SF Bay area. Local in person exchange/swaps are easiest, but I'll entertain any reasonable proposal.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: As of today (Mar2013) I do not have wheels to trade.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Hmm, we might get killed on shipping, but if you get the perfs, I can get the silvers for now and then swap them out when they come. You'll likely be better off finding someone local, but if not...

3. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

I'm getting the Model S Performance also and I'm open to swapping them for someone's 19" wheels/tires +$1200.
    I can order my car with 21" silver or Grey (your choice). This probably only makes sense if you're getting your car sometime before end of this year and live somewhere within a couple hours of Philadelphia.
    I live in West Chester, Pa.
    I am P#1117, so hoping to get my car sometime in November.

4. GDH

GDH Banned

To bad ur not in Portland. I want to 21" gray's....without the $3500 cost.

5. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I'll want to see the greys in person since I went ahead and got them despite not really wanting 21s, but I might be up for a swap with you for something like $2500. I'm in Aloha.

6. highedu

highedu Member

Not sure if they are still available but my car is coming with 19" between 2/2 - 2/16 and I would be fine giving you my 19 and some cash for your grey 21's.

i am in the Bay Area, we could even meet at the factory and have Tesla do the swap right there. Let me know.

7. htsai14752

htsai14752 Member

interested in 21" silver. PM me

8. KeithE

KeithE Member

I'm interested In grey 21s or silver 21s for 19's. I pickup my car next week in NJ. Please pm me if interested in a exchange plus cash. Thx!

9. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

i'll do the swap for the grey 21's. I'm local on the Penninsula here - PM me...

10. elindo1

elindo1 New Member

Anyone interested in swapping out 21inch wheels (silver, grey, or performance) for 19inch wheels? I just received delivery on my Model S about 30 days ago.

11. Carguy1

Carguy1 Member

Anyone interested in swapping my relatively new 21" silver wheels sporting conti's for 19" wheels with the all season tires? I'm located in CT.

12. majgill

majgill Member

I am interested in 21"Grey Wheels and i am in fremont area. If anyone intrested please let me know. I have 21" silver wheels

13. highedu

highedu Member

majgill, if you already have 21's why not just get them powder coated if you want grey?

RJ's in pleasanton will do it for $100/wheel.

14. jebzter

jebzter Member

Carguy1, I have a NEW set of 19" stock wheels and would like to swap. I tried PM'ng you but your box is full. I'm from VA.