Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 21" Winter Wheels/Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Back in October, I ordered the winter 21" wheel/tire package from Tesla. The delivery/installation has now been bumped twice and currently sits at Dec 19. Has anyone ordered and received the 21" package? I'm starting to worry that they'll never arrive and as I live in the Colorado mountains, rolling around on my summer tires is not ideal.

I haven't been able to find the 21" tires elsewhere that would match the current staggered setup. I found a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 at Discount Tire but they're 245 front, 265 rear instead of Tesla's set up which is 265 front and 295 rear.

Any input/advice would be much appreciated.

In general I thought thicker sidewalls (smaller rims) would be better for snow tires but don't remember if studded or not majes a difference. But tesla isn't "in general" all the time so I don't know.

Can you find 19s? Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that you can't get the 21s

Last edited:
Hello. Back in October, I ordered the winter 21" wheel/tire package from Tesla. The delivery/installation has now been bumped twice and currently sits at Dec 19. Has anyone ordered and received the 21" package? I'm starting to worry that they'll never arrive and as I live in the Colorado mountains, rolling around on my summer tires is not ideal.

I haven't been able to find the 21" tires elsewhere that would match the current staggered setup. I found a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 at Discount Tire but they're 245 front, 265 rear instead of Tesla's set up which is 265 front and 295 rear.

I had ordered in August, and after 4 different pushes on delivery I had to give up and order a 20" winter wheel and tire package elsewhere (Vredestein Wintrac Pro tires). I would have preferred the OEM staggered setup but couldn't wait any longer.

The last straw for me was I was told Nov 11 would be "pretty accurate as far as getting the parts" and the day before it was pushed. I hate to sound pessimistic but I doubt the Dec date holds. There was someone here that ordered the winter setup in Sept '21 and didn't receive until April or so '22... So, well after the winter.

I don't live up where you are, of course, but I've been happy with the performance of the Wintracs during the last snow right after TGiving we had down here. I thought I'd miss out using a 255 square setup and while they definitely don't handle like the summers, they've been solid when I've been enjoying the drier days and some speed.

Hello, just wanted to let everyone know that I finally received my winter set on January 16th they were ordered on August 22 of 2022. I think they rescheduled my appointment 5+ times due to these being delayed. I hope that means it starts showing up for others soon.

Hi Kalli,

have You been successful? We are happy with Hankook iON, they do exist staggered, so does Pirelle Pzero WInter, which we prefer to the "loud" Sottozero, and they look better from the sidewall.

Hi Kalli,

when You purchased the wheels back then, did You get the TO labeling? The one with the FOAM inserts?
I´m asking thins, since the foam is "glued" to the rubber with a permanent flexible synthetic gum like material which seems almost identical to the "tyre pilot first aid" kits You fill in once a damage is occuring.
Back to the foam/glue combo. It clogs from the inside a puncture pretty well which we experienced with a screw we removed recently.
My guess it´s a purpose by Pirelli (in that case) that You can at least exit or drive slowly to the next service station.

So a spare tyre is IMHO not critically necessary, just a portable tyre pump.