Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/3/Y Pet Liner available in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla have added Model S/3/Y Pet Liner to the Australia store:

Reactions: m4rtin and mh4k
Fantastic thanks for the heads up. It sold out quickly in the US and I was keen to jump on this as soon as it became available here. Just ordered. Will post impressions once it arrives.

Poor Buddy hasn’t been allowed in my 3 since it arrived in September as I’ve been waiting to find the ideal seat cover. He’ll be stoked.

Attachments

• 1BE669C0-BE5F-4D59-BB4D-4062ACA03014.jpeg
    1BE669C0-BE5F-4D59-BB4D-4062ACA03014.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: 1001

All sold out now, appreciate the heads-up @1001 , got one after reading your post.

In case anyones interested, mine showed up on Tuesday. Pretty quick delivery.

Quality is quite nice. The suede type material is much comfier and grippier than the cheap nylon ones available from Amazon and the like. Very easy to install and tear down.

Dog seems to like it.

Reactions: m4rtin
It’s not right for a Model 3 (I don’t know about the S or Y). It blocks the rear air conditioning vent (unless it has a secret hatch that opens). I have an ordinary sling type dog seat cover that my dog inherited from our last car. The first day I’m using the car, I’m in the front enjoying the air conditioning and I look at my dog and see he’s overheating. The first thing I did was get my sewing machine and scissors out and cut a huge vent that won’t restrict the airflow in any direction. The dog now travels in comfort 😀

Reactions: SalisburySam
I bought this one from Amazon. Fits the Model 3 perfectly, has good ventilation for the air, protects the doors and is $170 cheeper that the Tesla one.
It's soft on the inside and has a good thick rubber lined base for proof against 'accidents' and grip.

I bought this one from Amazon. Fits the Model 3 perfectly, has good ventilation for the air, protects the doors and is $170 cheeper that the Tesla one.
It's soft on the inside and has a good thick rubber lined base for proof against 'accidents' and grip.

That one looks good. The mesh area is exactly the same as the piece I cut out of ours, only I didn’t replace it with mesh. I then took the cutout and sewed it on the side to protect the car from the dog jumping onboard. The dog doesn’t like to climb into the car over it, so he jumps into the car in a single bound. He’s not so young now but the M3 is very low to the ground. One unfortunate habit my dog has is he snuggles up close to the door at either end. And these covers never quite protect the last few inches of the seat, especially after they are a little old and start to sag. So eventually I’ll sew a bit more material on and hope for the best. I don’t think the M3 has the passenger hand grips that your one attaches to, that would be nice!

Fantastic thanks for the heads up. It sold out quickly in the US and I was keen to jump on this as soon as it became available here. Just ordered. Will post impressions once it arrives.

Poor Buddy hasn’t been allowed in my 3 since it arrived in September as I’ve been waiting to find the ideal seat cover. He’ll be stoked.
My dog came with us on the Tesla test drive! The salesman said that they have people who clean the car after testing.
On the very first day of ownership, I put the dog seat cover on my beautiful white seats and in came the dog. It nearly broke my heart. But no dog means no wife and no wife means no Tesla. Sometimes life is about sucking it up.
Love Buddy’s portrait

We got the same Amazon one, but the seat anchors will not slide into to seat gap and it is a very unstable platform for our large dog when he stands to move about. Also I don't trust that the car coat hooks are strong enough to support the door protectors.

We got the same Amazon one, but the seat anchors will not slide into to seat gap and it is a very unstable platform for our large dog when he stands to move about. Also I don't trust that the car coat hooks are strong enough to support the door protectors.
For all our big dogs we had to fill the gap between the front and rear seats so they have a stable place to put their weight on that is level with the rear seat. And that was with several different different cars and seat covers

For all our big dogs we had to fill the gap between the front and rear seats so they have a stable place to put their weight on that is level with the rear seat. And that was with several different different cars and seat covers
Yes, we have always had to do the same. I was hoping the seat anchors on his model would work, but no luck. I assume the Tesla version would have the same problem.

That one looks good. The mesh area is exactly the same as the piece I cut out of ours, only I didn’t replace it with mesh. I then took the cutout and sewed it on the side to protect the car from the dog jumping onboard. The dog doesn’t like to climb into the car over it, so he jumps into the car in a single bound. He’s not so young now but the M3 is very low to the ground. One unfortunate habit my dog has is he snuggles up close to the door at either end. And these covers never quite protect the last few inches of the seat, especially after they are a little old and start to sag. So eventually I’ll sew a bit more material on and hope for the best. I don’t think the M3 has the passenger hand grips that your one attaches to, that would be nice!
I have this exact thing and use it currently.

There are no said straps to tether the dog harness to the seatbelt clips so I had to cut one in myself, was a bit of a mess.

We have two dachshunds so no big dog experience here, no. But I’m not sure what you mean by coat hooks holding up the sides. Mine doesn’t have anything on it to go up to the coat hooks. It just has zippers you do up to keep the sides up or you undo the zippers to let it flap down so the dogs can get in and out. The zippers hold up the sides no worries at all.

Yeah the door covers provide pretty complete coverage for any area likely to encounter paws and claws.
The door covers seem like a great design in theory but mine kept coming off. Not sure if it's when the door opens and it drops the window slightly or if my kids knocked it. Would prefer not to have to worry about it falling off.
Also there's a little label on the door thing saying something like 'not for use with 3rd party tints' as the fixings are thin plastic that go into the window cavity. I assume this is a general disclaimer and hopefully it doesn't scratch over time.