Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 3rd Party Tow Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used a third party Tow Hitch on their Model S?

I'm only looking to tow bikes, nothing heavy but wondered if there are hitch install solutions the TMC community is aware. I found the pictured company.
View attachment 588486
Screenshot_20200915-104454_Samsung Internet.jpg

The company is eTrailor dot com

I put on the Ecohitch by Torklift on my 2017 MS. Works great for bike racks. Some have even towed with it. Just make sure to isolate it from the frame or you will probably get some galvanic reaction. They do provide some nylon washers for this purpose, but I went the extra mile and applied a thin rubber sheet to further reduce the chance of contact between dissimilar metals and I replaced all of the zinc plated hardware with stainless steel. And I made my own custom plate to cover the opening, even when in use.
Belt, suspenders, and both hands.

Reactions: KyleDay
It will cost you a few hundred dollars depending on how you want it done. The owner is a craftsman! He can make anything including custom welding. He is super busy and you have to make an appointment. It's better if you have the hitch and wiring done all at the same time to save on labor cost. To do the wiring in the most ideal way the bumper hast to come off. He is very negotiable and likes cash. Very nice guy.