Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - 4 year scheduled maintenace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I was recently told that Tesla no longer does battery coolant service (as of June 11, 2018). It is listed as one of Service items for the 4 year (60k Miles) service.

1. Is this true?

2. If anyone had the four-year mark maintenance schedule done on their Model S from mid June of this year to now and would like to share if this was done on their vehicle, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Im doing it on my 85D on Tue. I will report back. I expect that they will otherwise I don't think the $850 price tag is fair.

As an aside, it takes a CRAP TON of G48 coolant and that stuff isn't cheap. So, a good portion of this is just cost of materials.

I would be happy to hear that this maintenance has been pushed to longer intervals, for the DIY's doing it (i.e. those of us with unsupported cars), it is a ROYAL PITA to complete.

Last edited:
I just emailed the SC. I'm dropping the car off at 9 tomorrow morning.
I will insist they perform it as it is listed on the website, otherwise I will ask for a $125 discount because this would be the same as a 2yr service.
They also eliminated DU service? I know for a fact that I had my DU's fluid replaced on a previous service.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 6.08.05 PM.png

The second I hit "post" I got a reply. It is in fact included, here's the email I just got:

Here is the list of a 4th annual service

- Replace wiper blades

- Replace key fob battery

- Replace cabin particulate filter

- Verify normal operation of all exterior and interior lights

- Verify normal operation of doors and windows

- Verify normal operation of hood, lift-gate and charge port door

- Verify normal operation of key fob functions

- Verify horn operation

- Check firmware version: Stage to latest version

- Top off washer fluid

- Check and Adjust tire pressure to

- Perform Brake Flush

- Replace AC Desiccant bag

- Measure brake pad friction material

- Visually inspect cooling system for leaks

- Perform thermal test

- Visually inspect suspension

- Visually inspect HV battery enclosure

- Perform ride height calibration and four wheel alignment

- Replace coolant fluid

-Torque Lug Nuts to 175nm

Unless it is absolutely useless (and they rep any futures relating to it), Tesla should keep doing this especially for those who already purchased the 4 year service. Stop doing it now would effectively means they are not delivering something a customer had already paid for as part of their service contract.

Reactions: PhilDavid
I'm at 60k miles and haven't done the coolant exchange. I'm in my 3rd year. I was planning to do the 4th year service later this year and was hoping to have the coolant done. Would be interested in seeing if that is true they dropped off the service. If they did, there really not much reason to do the service left.

Reactions: Snerruc
I just emailed the SC. I'm dropping the car off at 9 tomorrow morning.
I will insist they perform it as it is listed on the website, otherwise I will ask for a $125 discount because this would be the same as a 2yr service.
They also eliminated DU service? I know for a fact that I had my DU's fluid replaced on a previous service.
View attachment 319599

The second I hit "post" I got a reply. It is in fact included, here's the email I just got:

Here is the list of a 4th annual service

- Replace wiper blades

- Replace key fob battery

- Replace cabin particulate filter

- Verify normal operation of all exterior and interior lights

- Verify normal operation of doors and windows

- Verify normal operation of hood, lift-gate and charge port door

- Verify normal operation of key fob functions

- Verify horn operation

- Check firmware version: Stage to latest version

- Top off washer fluid

- Check and Adjust tire pressure to

- Perform Brake Flush

- Replace AC Desiccant bag

- Measure brake pad friction material

- Visually inspect cooling system for leaks

- Perform thermal test

- Visually inspect suspension

- Visually inspect HV battery enclosure

- Perform ride height calibration and four wheel alignment

- Replace coolant fluid

-Torque Lug Nuts to 175nm

How did the service visit go?

If you can kindly share the paperwork that Tesla gave you in-person or via email, that would be awesome.

How did the service visit go?

If you can kindly share the paperwork that Tesla gave you in-person or via email, that would be awesome.
I will get the car back tomorrow morning & I will be happy to share once I get the paperwork.
I did not get the car back yet because there were a couple minor warranty issues as well as the 4yr service, as the car was only a few miles from 50k so I wanted to get the car in perfect shape prior to the warranty running out.

My Service center says, this is the schedule they are using here in Florida. Things are a bit more extreme here, temps and the like, so perhaps this is the reasoning?

See attached. NO Changes.

Trans, Dual Motor oil change still a thing. Mine got done.
Coolant replacement at 4 year service 50,000 miles still a thing.

Hearing and seeing are light years apart. Now Tesla changes stuff daily, so some people may be wrong.

I do see though this is 2 of 3 pages. I do not have 3. Perhaps it contains further explanations of things.

Attachments

• Feb 2, 2017 Schedule.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Service papers attached:
Thank you so much, Muzzman.

I will need to contact my Tesla Service as to the reason that they told me that it is no longer done since June 13 and why it was not done on my car for the 4 year /50k service. Now I did note that the following were not mentioned on yours either:

a. No mention of brake inspection and depth information (#)
B. No mention that hinges were lubricated. If you have pano sunroof, no mention that it was lubricated/cleaned.

Raza

My Service center says, this is the schedule they are using here in Florida. Things are a bit more extreme here, temps and the like, so perhaps this is the reasoning?

See attached. NO Changes.

Trans, Dual Motor oil change still a thing. Mine got done.
Coolant replacement at 4 year service 50,000 miles still a thing.

Hearing and seeing are light years apart. Now Tesla changes stuff daily, so some people may be wrong.

I do see though this is 2 of 3 pages. I do not have 3. Perhaps it contains further explanations of things.

Thank you.

I have not seen any documentation where they state that they have removed the coolant replacement service for the 4 year milestone service. So that is why I found it really odd that they did not mine at my car's 4 year service point and they told me via email that it was no longer done since June 13th of this year.

Can I ask for replace coolant fluid service only? Wonder how much it cost? Should be a lot less than 4 year scheduled maintenance.

Yes.... I infact wanted to get only brake flush and coolant replaced and the cost for those two was around $400 I believe and that was sent to me just two days prior to my car's 4 year service date. But then I opted for the entire 4 year service as they do lot more. So I was quite bummed when I found - later after the service - that they did not do the coolant replacement and also they did not lubricate hinges and pano roof tracks as I was told by others a lot of other work is done.

Said that, there is a lot of work they do in the 4 year service so I highly recommend it but of course I am bummed that a $200+ battery coolant was not done.