Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 60: Made a document to help me decide (could help you too)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice summary. I agree, if I were in the market at all for a model s and money were an object, the s60 or 60d makes the most sense especially ordering by the 22nd to not get hit by the $2k increase, miss the $1k referral or free supercharging. It's got AP2 (new video is very promising), decent range, good performance (compared to most ice cars), and all exterior/interior is the same. Plus, if Musk holds to his word, battery upgrades in the future is possible to get even more range (though, i'm sure costly if offered).

If you don't need a car now, might as wait until spring '17 to hear/see Musk's next reveal of the m3. Too much speculation on the m3 to make any rational decision comparing ms to m3.

Unless an older model is a screaming buy (way more than anything i see as a cpo/inventory), I would pass. I can't see how AP1 gets any better. Fit and finish has gotten better in latest iterations along with many other incremental improvements and additions.

I always have seen the Tesla cars as tech like computers, phones, digital cameras rather than cars. Improvements are coming fast. Lease or 2/3 year ownership and upgrading seems the way to go though I'm sure there are many who own who like their Tesla as is.

Nice summary. I agree, if I were in the market at all for a model s and money were an object, the s60 or 60d makes the most sense especially ordering by the 22nd to not get hit by the $2k increase, miss the $1k referral or free supercharging. It's got AP2 (new video is very promising), decent range, good performance (compared to most ice cars), and all exterior/interior is the same. Plus, if Musk holds to his word, battery upgrades in the future is possible to get even more range (though, i'm sure costly if offered).

If you don't need a car now, might as wait until spring '17 to hear/see Musk's next reveal of the m3. Too much speculation on the m3 to make any rational decision comparing ms to m3.

Unless an older model is a screaming buy (way more than anything i see as a cpo/inventory), I would pass. I can't see how AP1 gets any better. Fit and finish has gotten better in latest iterations along with many other incremental improvements and additions.

I always have seen the Tesla cars as tech like computers, phones, digital cameras rather than cars. Improvements are coming fast. Lease or 2/3 year ownership and upgrading seems the way to go though I'm sure there are many who own who like their Tesla as is.

Agree that those on the fence for a M3 could considering waiting until mid next year. The rebates would still be available which are the main savings anyway. You only miss on the free supercharging really (I'm guessing referrals will continue and $2k price increase goes towards 75 kWh upgrade if you might do that someday). That said, I really wanted the "hatchback" shape/functionality on my next car so the MS was required for me.

Yeah leasing would be the way to go for a Tesla to always have the latest. I don't think I could afford that path though, so I opted for a purchase with a plan to keep it long term. MS just got the facelift and just got AP2.0, so I think it mostly has what I am looking for (I'm sure Elon will still surprise me soon and make me envious again though :D).

Hi, thank you for this. I just ordered a new Tesla but from the EV CPO website. It has 50 miles but still at factory. Everything I read shows I will still get tax rebates. Anyway, I was breathing fast and super nervous when I paid deposit and will use next 7 days making sure this is exactly what I want and your comparison will help tons.

Hi, thank you for this. I just ordered a new Tesla but from the EV CPO website. It has 50 miles but still at factory. Everything I read shows I will still get tax rebates. Anyway, I was breathing fast and super nervous when I paid deposit and will use next 7 days making sure this is exactly what I want and your comparison will help tons.

Congrats on the purchase, and no problem! Happy I could help :)! I'm not too familiar with the CPOs but it sounds like yours is essentially NEW since it is still in the factory, so I'd assume you are able to get the rebates (but yeah double check with Tesla or something).