Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 60 videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Dashcam video bucket thread, I posted the below video of a little race I had last week. I wondered what other races people have had with the 60 and searched YouTube and Google. After roughly 15 minutes of searching, I gave up and concluded my video must be the first and only public video of a 60 race, or I just fail at searching.

As an owner, I believe the 60 is severely underrated, and it kind of saddens me to see such a great car so ignored in the shadow of the more expensive variants. When I made my first TMC post during my order confirmation period, many of the replies were suggesting (almost telling) me to spend a little more to switch to the 85 and remove most of the options to stay within budget. I'm very glad I didn't. This article supports my opinion pretty much to the letter and goes into detail. Even though 60 is discontinued, showing how great it is may help inform anyone looking to buy a Model S, but are afraid a 70 or pre-owned 60 wouldn't be good enough.

That's why this thread is here, for anyone to post videos of what the 60 can do. To prevent something like a pointless flood of all Kman's videos, they should specifically showcase the unique aspects of it such as performance, range, or Supercharging speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may just have to do something to contribute to this thread.

I drove 850 miles in ONE DAY back in November in 30-45 degree temps from central Florida to central Kentucky. And get this, 3 Superchargers opened on that route since then (Knoxville, Ocala and Atlanta). And on the way back I departed at 2am in 19 degree weather, I started with 194 full charge. I drove 204 miles and arrived at the Chattanooga Supercharger with 6 miles remaining. Let me say I will never drive in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night on a drive that exceeds my battery's rated range.

Great thread idea but, please tell me that was NOT a Dodge Neon that you were racing.
I didn't get a 100% confirmation either at the moment or on the video, but after some research, I'm sure it's an SRT-4. Why? Was that wrong of me? I didn't even look over beforehand, just heard the engine and decided to step on it, as I probably would have done by myself anyway (it's freaking addictive).

I didn't get a 100% confirmation either at the moment or on the video, but after some research, I'm sure it's an SRT-4. Why? Was that wrong of me? I didn't even look over beforehand, just heard the engine and decided to step on it, as I probably would have done by myself anyway (it's freaking addictive).
Just giving you a hard time. The SRT-4 does have matching 0-60 with MS60.

The best part is how effortless and smooth it went down. The morning commute conversation never skipped a beat. Ho-hum, blew away another ICE...

The 60 has the same motor and inverter as the 85 however, while it has less power because of the smaller battery, it is also lighter. I'm not saying the 60 is faster than the 85, but it's closer than the power difference might imply.

Those SRT-4's are fast. I could hear the supercharger blow-off valve so I knew it was an SRT. Car and Driver rates it at 5.3 seconds 0-60.