Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 60 vs Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my 3rd Test drive Yesterday and luckily each time I get to test drive something new...This time I had a chance to test drive Model S 60

Now I think this is the closest car to the model 3 available right now and here is why...

Model S 60 base model -> 60Kwh - 338km range / 4323 lbs
Model 3 base model -> 50Kwh- 346km range / 3900 lbs(my estimation)/

Now when I drove it, the first thing I noticed was the weight difference...All Tesla feel light and Agile despite being a heavy car...but this one felt lighter...
And Yes it is slower than the 90D but wow because of the weight reduction and instant torque it just felt right...Accelerate way faster than I expected....reaching 130km/hr in no time until the Test-drive software interrupt kicked off and slows u down...(the test drive car has this option not available to customers where you can limit the performance of the car whether its speed or battery energy output...)

So we know the Model 3 will be 10% shorter in length, possibly as wide as the mode S and will have a smaller battery...But a smaller car means a reduction in weight..and since Elon already confirmed the base car will be doing 215Miles...which is very close to what the 60 is doing? then I think it's fair to say right now until we get to test Drive the model 3...the Model S 60 or 60D is your best bet....

Now I have to say I've test drove a P90D software limited to a 75D and the 60 felt different...because although the output is limited, the car still has it's original weight, and that play a noticeable factor...there is also air suspension on the 90D test drive cars vs Coil suspension on the base model 60...and all these makes a difference in the driving experience...

I feel, with the 60 alone I've way more power/speed/agility that I'll ever need in a car...so if my calculations are correct, that the Model S 60 would be pretty close to the Model 3 base? then I truly understand what Elon meant by You will not find a better car for $35K US....

But when I think for the price of a base Model S 60 new I can get a model 3 fulled Equipped I can't help but getting Excited folks...

FYI: Other interesting facts the Tesla charger base price now drops to 650$ CAD before it was about 1100$, extra money you can throw on getting a dual charger option instead, and cut down on your charging time at home...

Hmmm Interesting estimation...but the 60D no option was already at 80K not sure if Tax was included...Below a certain price you also get the full rebate...at least in Ontario...it's pretty much 14K...and I am not entirely sure but I think if the car is lower than 70k it is eligible for the full rebate...That helps alot in the Overall cost...vs Getting a 60D with no options for 80K for about the same performance...

What are the rebates likes for EV in BC ?

What are the rebates likes for EV in BC ?

Cut off at $77,000:

Protesting the BC CEV incentive cut off of $77,000

Plus our PST goes from 7% to 10% (the so-called "luxury" tax) so we get punished for buying a Tesla S or X. I guess we can try to configure a Model 3 for less but I highly doubt a full loaded one will come out for less than $77k Canadian.

Alberta has the best incentive of all Provinces: No PST.

Reactions: Blackout
I wonder if tesla would sell the battery separately in provinces playing games with incentive caps?
I thought they should do something similar to that in Germany too after their recent incentive restrictions. Sell the car as a 10KWh car for 59,999 Euro (I think 60k Euro is the limit) and then offer a software-update to bump it up to a 60, 75 or whatever.

Reactions: Blackout and KJD