TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S 60 with 250 mi Range?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by brillantesg, Aug 15, 2018.

1. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

I got my car as a CPO recently and was able to get the battery replaced with a brand new unit under warranty. I tried charging it to max and it's showing a range of nearly 250 miles? Is this normal? Just curious because I thought max was 210 miles for the 60.

Attached Files:

2. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

More likely you are displaying "Ideal Miles" rather than "Rated Miles".

• Helpful x 1
  3. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

Yep you're right. I forgot I had left Ideal Miles on the other day instead of switching back to Rated haha. Max rated is 208 mi.

• Like x 1
  4. Krash

Krash Data Technician

I would still be curious as to what battery you received: a true 60 or software limited 75?

5. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

I checked with Tesla Service and they said it could not be upgraded. I was thinking that they replaced it with a limited 75 too but I guess not.

6. Krash

Krash Data Technician

What they said could still be true. The international 85kWh BTX8 batteries can "not be upgraded" from 75kWh by the service center. Yet they are still 85kWh.The battery sticker is in the right lower wheel well to be sure. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and use your phone to get a picture.

7. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

I guess it's a 60

Attached Files:

8. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Thanks. Yeah, true 60. Someday they will run out and put 75s in, just like they sometimes put 90s in 85s today.

9. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

Yeah looking forward to the day!

10. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

He's got an original Model S 60. Those were built with 60kwh batteries, as the 75kwh wasn't invented yet.
    You can tell by the 40A charger and the 3G cellular connection.

• Informative x 1