Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 70 Plate 2020 Registered Nov 20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Wonder if you can help can you tell me the list price of the below spec car i am new to tesla i am thinking purchasing this model s and is asking £92,500

Was the list price 92k brand new from tesla when available i know its been replaced by the plade version just want to make sure the deal is ok im not too convinced its the right deal if these cars were 9k brand new from factory. Tesal direct have a car available which is 2019 plate but at 77k and 9000 miles.

Any advice would be welcomed i am either going to go for this car or a model 3 performance i dont want to be fleeced as i am new to tesla this car below was manufactured november last year and has done 7500 so not that low of mileage Could do with knowing if the price is about right for a second hand model s Performance Ludacrous with the below spec ideally would like to know the list

1 OWNER. White premium interior, electric adjustable seats with memory function and lumbar support, climate control, adaptive cruise control, satellite navigation with Google Earth maps, Bluetooth, DAB radio, Media interface, Bluetooth, Spotify music streaming, Arcade games, entertainment apps including Netflix and YouTube, MCU2, cold weather package with 5 heated seats and heated steering wheel, glass roof, adaptive air suspension, Autopilot, 21 inch Grey Twin Turbine alloy wheels, premium audio, reversing camera, LED daytime running lights, powered tailgate, wireless phone charger, Carbon Fibre decor. keyless entry and drive, HEPA filter. CCS adaptor. 1 owner. Zero road tax. Balance of Tesla warranty. , Midnight Silver metallic, £92,500
Vehicle registered: 09/11/2020

Extra features​

These are in addition to what this car typically comes with as standard:
  • 21in Alloy Wheels - Sonic Carbon - Twin Turbine

This car comes with​

• 11kW Capable On-Board Charger
  • 17in Touchscreen with Media - Communication - Cabin and Vehicle Controls
  • 19in Alloy Wheels - Silver
  • AM-FM-DAB+ and Internet Streaming Radio
  • Active Safety Technologies
  • Audio - Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Automatic Emergncy Braking
  • Automatic LED Headlights
  • Automatic Rear Liftgate
  • Basic Autopilot
  • Blind Spot Warning
  • Carbon Fibre Spoiler
  • Carbon Fibre Upgrade
  • Climate Control - Dual Zone
  • Cruise Control
  • Door Handles - Lighted
  • Door Handles - Retracting
  • Electric Parking Brake
  • Electrically Adjustable Steering Column - Tilt-Telescopic
  • Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control
  • Front and Side Collision Avoidance
  • Glass Roof
  • Handsfree Talking with Bluetooth
  • Headliner - Alcantara - Black
  • Heated Seats Throughout the Cabin
  • High Definition Backup Camera
  • High Mounted Rear Light - LED
  • Interior Decor - Dark Ash Wood
  • Keyless Entry
  • LED Foglights
  • Lane Departure Warning
  • Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
  • Mirrors - Electrochromatic
  • Mobile App Remote
  • Motion Activated Intrusion Alarm
  • Parking Sensors - Front and Rear
  • Power Folding-Heated Side Mirrors with Memory
  • Power Steering - Speed Sensitive
  • Premium Upgrade Package
  • Rain Sensing Automatic Windshield Wipers
  • Rear Taillights - LED
  • Sat Nav - Onboard Maps for Europe with 7yrs Free Updates
  • Seats - Front 12-way Electrically Adjustable
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Speakers - 11 with Neodymium Magnets
  • Steering Wheel - 3-Spoke Leather
  • Subzero Weather Package
  • Sunvisors - Front
  • Supercharger Enabled
  • Tesla Red Brake Calipers
  • Three Position Dynamic LED Turning Lights
  • Two USB Ports for Media and Power
  • Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
  • Voice Activated Controls
  • WiFi Internet Connectivity
  • Windscreen - UV and Infrared Blocking Safety Glass

I honestly can't remember - the figure of £104K comes to mind but that might have been with FSD - or complete fiction.
Any car you buy loses value as soon as you step into it - so the important questions should be: can I afford it? How much pain does the cost cause me? Do I need it or just want it? Why ludicrous+ 'cos the novelty wears off? Is the model3 big enough and comfortable enough for me? Do I really need the supercharger network or can I manage with home charging and non-tesla chargers in which case there are other EV's to consider? If I stick the car into We Buy Any Car and Motorway what do they quote if I resold it immediately?

My late 2018S was an ex showroom inventory car and with FSD I have about £98 invested in it but its selling price would be circa £60K now so nearly £40K depreciation in less than 3 years. It doesn't hurt me financially but still rankles.

I’ve never driven a 3 but reports suggest they have harder suspension and probably noisier on motorways and probably cramped for someone my size whereas my S just sails along. Driving it manually is a dream but most of the automation is iffy and not improving at anywhere near the rates Elon keeps promising.

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647
Upvote 0
My late 2018S was an ex showroom inventory car and with FSD I have about £98 invested in it but its selling price would be circa £60K now so nearly £40K depreciation in less than 3 years. It doesn't hurt me financially but still rankles.

Where as our 2017 X cost £71K, and on Auto-trader you will struggle to find one below £50K, £21k deprecation over 4 years which isn't all bad for any car with a £70K list price.

@Speedking99887 You aren't getting 'fleeced' but the like all cars the most expensive versions will depreciate the fastest and the more you pay for one the more it will cost you interms of depreciation. A Model 3 P will 'loss' less money both in relative and absolute terms thats pretty much a guarantee. Only you can decided how much a £60K versus a £90K is worth to you.

The S is a great car, but at the £90K your other options are very varied. The Taycan is clearly an obvious contender but Porsche is still operating in the old world interms of software development. I just had an software update arrive for my electric pedal bike that now offers me the chance to change the motor profile 'on the fly' via my phone.........It would really grate me dropping £90K on any car these days knowing the company behind it is very unlikely to offer a similar level of functional improvement over my ownership history.

The software integration Tesla offers I think is increasingly going to be an important factor going forwards, however the great things about Tesla is even a SR+ Model 3 will get the same benefits as the £90K Model S you are looking at.

The 'new' Model S that we aren't going to get in the UK for a good 6-12 months yet would be the one to get I would have thought currently, unless you desperately wanted a used Model S now. A used S from Tesla for cheaper also seems like a good move if you wanted a S.

51248245416_e1bf124893_c_d.jpg

Upvote 0
Odd that it’s legal to use a phone on an electric bike..
Plaid will be 18mths+ and add tesla-time..
Of all the software updates Tesla have sent UK they haven't really done anything useful. Games, cones, bins, stop & speed signs and traffic lights - many of which it gets wrong and bug fixes for the things they broke with previous updates. Even the promises have been downgraded now as they realise how hard it is to make a car self drive. A lot of folk claim they plan on keeping the car for a long time but reality is that most folk wealthy enough for these cars chop them in every 3-4 years so software updates are less valuable. And anyway the other manufacturers have cottoned-on to the sales value of stating that and jumped on the bandwagon of OTA updates.
Taycan is much better appointed inside but by the time you've added 'extras' it's over the £100K for something worth having. Mach-e. ID4 and others may well be better value depending on what you need a car for and what you can fit in.

Upvote 0
All this modern stuff....Not like the good ol' days - pedal like mad and hope to get to the end before ya fell off. Known as the 'fly and die' approach:D

These days its all about measured work load, relative effort and timed recovery. Am surprised the glucose/lactate monitors haven't gone more main stream yet......So for a £100k+ car to remain having the same functionality for even 12 months let alone over its lifetime is pretty poor.

51259962185_76192f1fc4_c_d.jpg

Upvote 0
These days its all about measured work load, relative effort and timed recovery. Am surprised the glucose/lactate monitors haven't gone more main stream yet......So for a £100k+ car to remain having the same functionality for even 12 months let alone over its lifetime is pretty poor.

51259962185_76192f1fc4_c_d.jpg
I am aware of modern training methods and I was an international rower more than half a century ago before they started biometric measurements and then shove you into the appropriate sport depending on physiology. It was still bl**dy hard with the 5 mile run every morning, the lunchtime circuit that left you flat on the floor recovering and the two hours flogging yourself on the river every evening. A simpler approach - it you couldn't keep up they dropped you:)

Whilst it may be 'all modern and stuff' to want updates and sustainability, I still contend that most of the updates have been fluff and error corrections with very little of real substance. If you have HW3 then you had to go in to get it fitted and it could just as easily have been updated then with a proven update instead of scattering ideas across a fleet to see what works or breaks. There’s nothing wrong with OTA - indeed it saves service centre time but it's results that count. And a Tesla isn't a fitness machine. I don't believe I need biometric readouts on my rowing machine - setting the workload and seeing rate, distance and time and comparing just those factors with history is enough to tell me if I'm improving - Or more importantly at my age if I’m holding off deterioration. I can judge how knackered I am by the puddle of sweat.. And those readouts are enough for me to adjust to maximum sustained effort for a given distance.
In days of yore is was down to the coach to judge the crew as a whole for gearing and rate.

Upvote 0
I am aware of modern training methods and I was an international rower more than half a century ago before they started biometric measurements and then shove you into the appropriate sport depending on physiology. It was still bl**dy hard with the 5 mile run every morning, the lunchtime circuit that left you flat on the floor recovering and the two hours flogging yourself on the river every evening. A simpler approach - it you couldn't keep up they dropped you:)

In which case this is worth a read. We live in a world where data is removing traditional barriers.

You might be happy with paying £100k for a product that will never ever improve but I suspect most younger people will simply choose a different brand.

I would love a Porsche but am not going to buy one till VAG show they have moved into the modern age interms of IT integration.

Upvote 0