Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 70 to 75 upgrade just at $750!

gcgp

Nov 11, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Yahoo! I'm so happy I decided not to upgrade to 75kwh last year! It is now only $750 (AUD) to upgrade! I decided I wanted to keep that buffer of 5kwh of unusable capacity to keep the battery healthy. But now I've changed my mind. :)

I wonder if I can get a 75D decal to replace the 70D?

Zoltrix77

Apr 28, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Yahoo! I'm so happy I decided not to upgrade to 75kwh last year! It is now only $750 (AUD) to upgrade! I decided I wanted to keep that buffer of 5kwh of unusable capacity to keep the battery healthy. But now I've changed my mind. :)

At that price, who wouldn't. I doubt there will be any software locked 70 or 60 S or X left soon.

Blue heaven

Fair Dinkum Tesla
Nov 25, 2014
South West Australia

I wonder if I can get a 75D decal to replace the 70D? Yes, but it will cost you $9250.

ShockOnT

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
The upgrade actually makes your car a 75D, and that includes free re-badging at the service centre.

I've already had mine done, and both the My Tesla page and the Tesla iPhone app list my car as a 75D.
IMG_0597.PNG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0944.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoltrix77

bradjc

Mar 7, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
The upgrade actually makes your car a 75D, and that includes free re-badging at the service centre.

I've already had mine done, and both the My Tesla page and the Tesla iPhone app list my car as a 75D.
View attachment 223801
View attachment 223802
View attachment 223803

How many extra kms did you find you had after the update? I'm still on the fence even with the price drop. Currently have a 70 and figure the extra 5 is useful as buffer for battery health.

ShockOnT

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
How many extra kms did you find you had after the update? I'm still on the fence even with the price drop. Currently have a 70 and figure the extra 5 is useful as buffer for battery health.
About 30kms extra. Was getting 349 at 100%, now getting 379.

Reactions: bradjc

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC