TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S 72amp Charger?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aoa510, Jan 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. aoa510

aoa510 Member

With the X having a 72amp charger has anyone heard of the S receiving the same?

Thanks,

2. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Nope. I doubt it'll happen, but if it does, it'll be with the rumored facelift that bring X features (someone said March, I think?) - which is also very much unconfirmed.

I'm not really sure why you'd want it, when any S owner can already go to the service center and have a second 40 amp put in - giving them more power and some limited redundancy.
    Walter

3. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

My trip to HQ takes me through Appalachia, where the only viable option is an inn with a HPWC.

Needless to say I coughed up the $2k and my dual charger and $0.5k 4g LTE mobile card will be installed
    at the service center.