TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S 75 and 75D now in Design Centre as option

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Bullet1, May 5, 2016.

1. Bullet1

Bullet1 Electric - way of the future

Its official in the design centre now:

Fors and against?

Lot of money + LCT if enable at purchase

75d.png

2. paulp

paulp Member

If you dont need the range why do it? If you find you need the range, upgrade later.

• Like x 1
  3. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

You also need to consider the emotional side. More range has a nice feeling to it. Also 75 is a more solid and definite number than 70 !

4. paulp

paulp Member

Can't agree with you on the first point, but maybe that comes with ownership and knowing that in my circumstance 85kwh is around double my needs. I could have done the 90 upgrade at the time, and have zero regrets not doing it, and have zero range anxiety, indeed can't recall the last time I even checked remaining range.
    But everyone has different circumstances.

5. garyjac

garyjac Member

No range anxiety here and I drive a 70. I think it's a $ too far for the degree of increase. Something around $2500 perhaps is more like reasonable for 5kWh extra, maybe $2000 when I think harder about it. People will just go for the 90 if they need that range.

6. Bullet1

Bullet1 Electric - way of the future

For my needs the range of the 70D is ample. Only time range may be of concern would be the once a year trip to the middle of nowhere.

The limitation of performance by the smaller battery is of more interest to me. It doesn't appear the the upgrade to 75 would have any performance gains according to Tesla? I would be more likely to pay for a performance or potential resale gains down the track.

Will be interested to see the actual performance figures once a few customer cars are released and tested as there may be some improvements in performance with out Tesla publishing?