Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75 (RWD) leftovers now showing as 5.4 0-60 vs 4.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...since the last update when they introduced "chill mode" I felt the car was slower in acceleration in "standard" mode...
any idea how we'd be able to confirm this?....
Install iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla on your phone and do a 0-60 run somewhere with good mobile data coverage. The app will capture the car diagnostic data and the time should verify. Also max power should read 310 rather than 280 on a full charge. You can send us the raw runlog if you want to verify torque, which should be close to 100Nm rather than the corked 75Nm. All the newer cars will turn out to have the newer, updated performance.

See th S75 rows in the Upgraded performance Metrics Summary.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gt1948
The S75 RWD has one large motor in the rear. The 75D has one small motor in the front and another small motor in the rear. The AWD is rated for higher efficiency since they claim they can get more efficiency by using the motors in tandem with each other more efficiently than a single motor in the rear, thus the S75D is rated for 10 more miles of range than the S75 RWD.

Yes, I understood this but I said the rep told me otherwise and also the website at the time I bought my car was also showing differently. RWD was shown to have about 7 miles or 10 kilometer more range than AWD. As mentioned above, unfortunately I did not take a screenshot to prove it. I fully understand the concept but the issue is Tesla site seems not to be accurate or it keeps changing things.

Install iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla on your phone and do a 0-60 run somewhere with good mobile data coverage. The app will capture the car diagnostic data and the time should verify. Also max power should read 310 rather than 280 on a full charge. You can send us the raw runlog if you want to verify torque, which should be close to 100Nm rather than the corked 75Nm. All the newer cars will turn out to have the newer, updated performance.

See th S75 rows in the Upgraded performance Metrics Summary.

@Krash, if I'm reading this correctly, you have three entries for corked S75s that show 0-60 speeds of < 4.5 seconds. How can this be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171124-093146.png
    Screenshot_20171124-093146.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Mark77a
It looks like all the S75 RWD are now listed as 5.5 seconds 0-60 on Tesla's website. The highest S75 RWD VIN I found just now is 231382, which I believe is likely around a late October early November 2017 build date. I still think they could uncork all S75 RWD just like the 75D cars if they wanted to.
231382?

The one I ordered (11/11) is just one off from that vin and it finishes production this Monday!

If this is correct, then the only reason I can think of is that Tesla deliberately has made modifications to its car by onair update to make RWD less efficient than the AWD. This is very easy for them to change the range. You all remember what they did for Florida hurricane a few months ago and extended range for Tesla owners!

Do keep in mind that all they did was unlock the last 15kWh of battery in the 75 pack. All 60s, 70s, and 75s are built with the 75 pack. The update simply temporarily unlocked it. Getting more range out of say a 75 though, requires more than just an update.

Do keep in mind that all they did was unlock the last 15kWh of battery in the 75 pack. All 60s, 70s, and 75s are built with the 75 pack. The update simply temporarily unlocked it. Getting more range out of say a 75 though, requires more than just an update.
Yes, of course. That was exactly my point. Giving more maybe not possible but limiting of course possible. So in our example they had upgraded cars acceleration to 4.4 s now they have changed it to 5.7 s. This actually is making it worse not better. And my car was really quick and I still think it is quick but not as quick as 4.4 s.

Yes, of course. That was exactly my point. Giving more maybe not possible but limiting of course possible. So in our example they had upgraded cars acceleration to 4.4 s now they have changed it to 5.7 s. This actually is making it worse not better. And my car was really quick and I still think it is quick but not as quick as 4.4 s.

Ah I understand. The key difference with the battery was that it was reasonably well known that the 60 and 70 were just limited 75 packs. I highly doubt the real performance has changed from 4.4 to even above 5 seconds. You should set up a camera and see if you can film your 0-60, and use other methods as well (apps or whatever), and cross-reference them. Try to see if you can find your true 0-60. Don't forget that battery capacity plays a very large role in actual 0-60 times, as well as temp. and elevation. If it's a minor difference it could just be a matter of perception. Realistically we shouldn't be really be able to feel the difference between 4.3 and say 4.7. They call it the "butt-dyno" in the car scene :p

When I pick up mine Friday I'll try and do some testing to see what my 0-60 time is. Perhaps all of this could be chalked up to someone forgetting to update the mobile/foreign versions of the site? Or perhaps vehicles in other countries were not uncorked, only ones in the U.S.? This is a topic I'll be following closely, and so far I haven't received much info from my OA or local store CES (All assured me it is 4.3s and nobody knew what I was talking about when I mentioned different times being shown on the the website.)

Reactions: Farzinfar
Ah, not sure I can get vehicle config from dev mode. I’ve got a new S75, but I don’t know how to pull that data. I can only say it seems to match my anecdotal evidence.

I’ve only had one opportunity with PowerTools on a good connection. I got 0-60 in 5.0 on a curved road at a regular stoplight with the battery around 60%. Hardly ideal circumstances.

Ah, not sure I can get vehicle config from dev mode. I’ve got a new S75, but I don’t know how to pull that data. I can only say it seems to match my anecdotal evidence.

I’ve only had one opportunity with PowerTools on a good connection. I got 0-60 in 5.0 on a curved road at a regular stoplight with the battery around 60%. Hardly ideal circumstances.

The curve is what would have lead to it being so high. No car will be able to post a good time on a curve, and the battery at 60% sure didn't help.

Hi

A New Number now has been added to our already confusing discussion!!

I just had an email from Service Centre answering my question on acceleration. They confirmed acceleration of my car from 0 to 100 km was 4.2 s not 4.3 and not 4.4. It is 4.2 sec which means 0-60 mile/h would be even quicker at some 4.1 s! (60 miles = 96.56 kilometer)!

Wow! This is amazing. Now we have the following figures: Tesla Service Centre 4.2 s, UK website: 4.3 s and other European 5.7 s!