Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75 (RWD) leftovers now showing as 5.4 0-60 vs 4.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
231382?

The one I ordered (11/11) is just one off from that vin and it finishes production this Monday!
I also ordered yet to built inventory car with VIN 23XXXX and went in to production on Monday the 20th. Its also coming to Nashville and my DS said she will try her best to get it down there in a truck. I m glad to know there are more than people who are waiting for cars coming to Nashville so we will have a better chance of them using a truck.

@Krash and other members. After our several messages in this thread, based on @Krash suggestion I used Power tools to measure my car 0 to 60 as I was feeling the car was slower after the last "chill mode" upgrade and it was in my sadness that after several attempts the car only showed performance of 5.7 s.

I contacted Tesla centre and they wrote back to me saying my car was uncorked and it should had acceleration of 4.3 s. I wrote back to them and they promised to run a diagnostic on my car. Today they called me back and said my car being RWD only could have 5.8 s and the performance upgrade was only for dual motor cars!

I was really furious for several reasons:

1- When I bought the car, the rep told me all model S cars were faster at least by one second including RWD 75 at 4.3 s with their lates upgrade.
2- My choice of RWD was due to the fact that difference between RWD and AWD was a mere 0.1 s (4.3 vs 4.2) but I could afford the extra for dual motor.
3- When I had delivery of the car, it was indeed faster (I did not measure it by Power tools at the time unfortunately but it was for sure faster)
4- When they did an over the air upgrade to introduce the Chill mode, I immediately felt the car was somehow slower.
5- Similar cars (75 RWD) still are showing on UK Tesla site under "new inventory" at 4.3 s
6- Tesla service centre confirmed to me my car had acceleration of 4.3 s
7- There are still several indpendednt websites on the internet showing the news that Tesla increased the performance by 1 sec on all cars in July.

I am extremely unhappy about this situaiton as I now have started to believe Tesla delibrately is changing these numbers as it suits them. When I bought the car, it was end of RWD models(end of Sep) and they wanted to sell the car so they brought down the acceleration number, now this is over they increased it again or perhaps they thought why they should give same performance for 75RWD and even 100D (a mere 0.2 s difference) so people would only want to buy S75. Whatever reason they changed these numbers.

The bottom line is that the sale was misleading and the company misrepresented the performance to me to close the deal.

Anyone can give further thought here? Even though I love my car, I feel let down by this change and I am considering a class action if necessary. Anyone in here, in this forum or elsewhere has evidence to show that Tesla indeed increased the performance by one second in all models RWD and AWD please share it here.

Thank you.

For those who do not believe me, I am attaching a screenshot of even current inventory:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-08 16.58.51.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-08 16.58.51.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
...after several attempts the car only showed performance of 5.7 s...I contacted Tesla centre and they wrote back to me saying my car was uncorked and it should had acceleration of 4.3 s. I wrote back to them and they promised to run a diagnostic on my car. Today they called me back and said my car being RWD only could have 5.8 s and the performance upgrade was only for dual motor cars!...1- When I bought the car, the rep told me all model S cars were faster at least by one second including RWD 75 at 4.3 s with their lates upgrade...4- When they did an over the air upgrade to introduce the Chill mode, I immediately felt the car was somehow slower...For those who do not believe me, I am attaching a screenshot of even current inventory:
Sorry to hear about your frustration. Would you send over your runlog so that we can check to see if there is anything else happening? Even old drive unit never uncorked cars have gotten 4.75 sec on a high state of charge (SoC).

It is unfortunate if you were told that your RWD would get the performance update. RWDs without the new drive unit haven't gotten an update. Do you know when yours was manufactured? The door sticker will say if you don't know. If the date is in June 2017 do you know whether the option codes include DU01.

We have not had any other complaints about the chill mode update slowing other cars.

@Krash Thank you so much. I tired to attach here the log but couldn't so I will send it to you directly.

According to Tesla service centre my car was built on 17 June 2017. I could not find the sticker you mentiond on the car door or frame. Only the VIN number was there and if you mean VIN number to have DU01 then no it doesn't have.

You also mentioned "it is unfortunate if.." I don't know what you meant by that. If you mean the car does not have the hardware to be uncorked then there are plenty of S75 RWD in stock showing 4.3 s. If you mean my car had to be built after certain dates to have the upgraded hardware, then I think Tesla employees misold a car that did not have the ability to be uncorked. But I do remember, they told me all facelift cars had the hardware for the upgrade. In any event, I don't think this is just being unfortunate it is a misleading and deceiving act by Tesla.

Looking forward to your feedback please. Thanks again.

Last edited: