Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75D 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an "old" 75D (12/16 build) post uncorking....
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
We have something close to a hundred S75D 0-60 samples in the performance metrics. See the link in my signature or search for it here on TMC. I think all are recorded over the API, so show power output at quarter second intervals. If you have CANBus hardware connected you can get hundredth second data, but I think all the CANBus samples are higher performing Teslas.

I normalize the data with a rollout. And combined with a quarter second sampling and varying states of charge, the results vary widely, but the underlying performance mechanisms: Fixed torque and max power, are pretty consistent.

@Krash Do you have any data on 0-60 performance with 19" wheels vs 21" wheels?
No. Sorry. I think that would be tough with the API since it samples at quarter second intervals and you'd need a pretty large sample to tease out the difference. Consequently I don't even ask what rims are on the car.

But if someone with CANBus hardware and both sets of rims would do controlled tests at the same state of charge, any difference you be easy to see. I speculate that the higher mass of the bigger rims would be a couple hundredths of a seconds slower in getting to max torque. The physicists on the forum could probably tell you exactly what it should be.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Krash, post: 2827804, memberTesla sets different max torque and max power settings. We even know what they are.[/QUOTE]

Really ? Do we know how fast a 0-60 is theoretically possible with a 75d were Tesla to further uncork it from its current stated 4.2?

We have something close to a hundred S75D 0-60 samples in the performance metrics. See the link in my signature or search for it here on TMC. I think all are recorded over the API, so show power output at quarter second intervals. If you have CANBus hardware connected you can get hundredth second data, but I think all the CANBus samples are higher performing Teslas.

I normalize the data with a rollout. And combined with a quarter second sampling and varying states of charge, the results vary widely, but the underlying performance mechanisms: Fixed torque and max power, are pretty consistent.
Wouldn't this be wrong as the speedometer is optimistic by 2 mph or so?

Use a PBOX.