Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75D now on CARB website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is actually cheaper per kWh than the upgrade to the 90D (although you do, I assume, lose the added acceleration).
90D is $20,000 more than a 70D or 65 cents per kWh.
5K more is $3250 at that ratio.
My car is currently in the you have a VIN we are getting parts stage.
I would pay the $3K as I was very close to pulling the trigger on the 90D but couldn't justify it since I don't do a lot of long distance driving.
Of course if I could fall arse backwards into a free upgrade (like the refresh) I would be a happy man.
Not likely I know.
90D is $13k more

I dont know where you borrowed you numbers from...
Its a $13,000 upgrade from the 70D to the 90D, so $650 per kWh, or 65 cents per Wh.
At the same ratio, it would still be $3250, so you end up at the same number as I do.
I guess the 90 is even better deal, if you consider that you just pay a $1000 premium for more power.

On another topic, I guess we will see a 100D pretty soon, the range difference, especially with the X, is pretty slim now. It would be interesting to see the EPA figures for the 75D, and the real figures not the lowered ones Tesla used to advertise the 70D with(they omitted something like 5 miles). Its always hard to say how much KWh the car really has, since Tesla obviously just takes a nice sounding number thats somewhat close to the real kWh.

If the 100 was closer to release it would have appeared in the CARB certification as well

• Informative
Reactions: ZachShahan
Got confirmation from my DS that all 70s being produced now will be 75Kwh with software limiting to 70kwh. Price to upgrade before delivery is $3000 and after delivery will be $3250. I'm pretty happy with this and will opt for a future upgrade to 75Kwh if the need arises.
She was surprised that this fact was open knowledge as they just received guidance on it and these changes will be on the website by end of today or latest by tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: ZachShahan
Got confirmation from my DS that all 70s being produced now will be 75Kwh with software limiting to 70kwh. Price to upgrade before delivery is $3000 and after delivery will be $3250. I'm pretty happy with this and will opt for a future upgrade to 75Kwh if the need arises.
She was surprised that this fact was open knowledge as they just received guidance on it and these changes will be on the website by end of today or latest by tomorrow.

We have little birds

Thanks for the information. My shop is playing it close to the vest. I'm with you and will see how I like the 70 and will pay the extra $250 down the road, if I feel the need. I'm planning to make the M3 my long range car and will get the biggest battery option available. The S will be primarily a local only car anyway, so not often I will need even what I'm getting. Hopefully we'll be looking at 300 miles plus with the M3 on the higher end.

I dont know where you borrowed you numbers from...
Its a $13,000 upgrade from the 70D to the 90D, so $650 per kWh, or 65 cents per Wh.
At the same ratio, it would still be $3250, so you end up at the same number as I do.
I guess the 90 is even better deal, if you consider that you just pay a $1000 premium for more power.

On another topic, I guess we will see a 100D pretty soon, the range difference, especially with the X, is pretty slim now. It would be interesting to see the EPA figures for the 75D, and the real figures not the lowered ones Tesla used to advertise the 70D with(they omitted something like 5 miles). Its always hard to say how much KWh the car really has, since Tesla obviously just takes a nice sounding number thats somewhat close to the real kWh.

You are absolutely right. I am new to the Tesla game (I only own a VIN right now) so I am getting kWh and Wh confused. Sorry.
I just got solar panels installed last week and they confused me too dealing with kWh and kW.

Thanks for the link ...

In Tesla’s own words (via a spokesperson): “All 70 kWh Model S with updated styling have been built with a 75 kWh battery pack and the additional energy can be unlocked at anytime through an over-the-air software update. We will continue to offer the 70 kWh energy option at but we will no longer produce the packs; a decision that is the most efficient for Tesla and the most beneficial for our customers.”

It would mean that all 70 kWh Model S’s manufactured since mid-April have the option to add 7% energy capacity (or about 19 miles of range) through an over-the-air software update for a $3,000 premium.

Just got my email offering the range upgrade.
"Almost" 20 miles of extra range does sound better than 19.

Attachments

• 75kwh.png
    75kwh.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Tellotes