Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75D Uncorking SAGA, the Scam of Tesla Used, and an actual question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The corked tops out somewhere in the 200s while the uncorked in the 300s. I sent them a certified letter and got contacted by a used car representative. We talked it out and they basically let me reverse the entire transaction and let me keep it till I get a new one. I ended up getting a 2017 model s 90D with full self driving and a few more options.
I don't think this will be an option for me as I've owned the car for over a year now but as you can tell, I've been fighting this for a while.

There is no external setting. Before you could do an API call and determine if perf_config is set properly.

Your best bet is to accelerate from a stop with >95 percent SoC. Your front motor should pull so hard that you feel it slightly raise up. Your kW should fill the power gauge.

You can also use TM spy or the like. Uncorked 75D pulls 353kW. Corked does 310 max.
Yeah mine feels the same even after the OTA update. I ran a 0-60 time and got 5.3s. So we're back to square 1 and my car is now throwing errors. I really think Tesla is being lazy because they don't want to do the necessary hardware changes to make it as advertised. @NetRat, did you experience this at all? @TigerNinety maybe?

I had mine for around 6 months by the time I finished up. This is a big issue and they probably just don’t want to get sued at this point.
That's fair and I'm glad they did right by you. The Chicago service centers are giving me a really hard time. I've tired 3/4 and they've all ignored me or thought uncorking wasn't even real. I'm working with the last one now but even they stopped responding. Their Customer Experience Manager reached out but even he started ignoring me.

Not sure what I can do but it's really sucked the fun out of owning such an expensive and great car. Might just take a loss and sell it to Carvana and be done with it.

That's fair and I'm glad they did right by you. The Chicago service centers are giving me a really hard time. I've tired 3/4 and they've all ignored me or thought uncorking wasn't even real. I'm working with the last one now but even they stopped responding. Their Customer Experience Manager reached out but even he started ignoring me.

Not sure what I can do but it's really sucked the fun out of owning such an expensive and great car. Might just take a loss and sell it to Carvana and be done with it.
Dont even bother with the service centers. Just try to send a Certified Letter like the one provided by the op to their central offices and your local service center.

Dont even bother with the service centers. Just try to send a Certified Letter like the one provided by the op to their central offices and your local service center.
Awesome. I just sent the a Violation of Illinois Comercial Law letter when a bit on the violations to the customer service manager. I will be emailing it shortly to Tesla's Headquarters' legal department. Thanks! Hopefully this sets things in motion.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman

Tesla highland park did my uncork back in 2017. They know what it is.

Tesla highland park did my uncork back in 2017. They know what it is.
And the Saga continues... I asked for the direct contact for the vehicle sales leadership but let's see if I get anywhere with this. Just a quick background, I did upload a document outlining the screenshots outlining the 0-60 time of 4.2s on the car I bought with my VIN number and price of the car.

IMG_F6438AE4F8BE-1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
And the Saga continues... I asked for the direct contact for the vehicle sales leadership but let's see if I get anywhere with this. Just a quick background, I did upload a document outlining the screenshots outlining the 0-60 time of 4.2s on the car I bought with my VIN number and price of the car.

View attachment 665352
Does anyone which hardware is required? Or better asking which parts do I have to replace from a newer to get the better performance?

Thanks
Thomas

Since my car is one of the first facelift models from mid 2016 I am pretty sure that I do not have the hardware needed for uncorking.
So I was wondering if i can "just" swap the relevant parts to uncork my car but I haven't found any information yet if this depends on the drive unit, battery pack or any other parts.

I have an upcoming appointment at the SC for theCCSS combo retrofit and will ask them but I do not expect that they are able or willing to disclose these details:)