TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S: 75D vs 60D - 0 to 60 Performance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dfluker, Jun 10, 2016.

?

Should the 75D be faster than the 60D

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Yes, should be below 5 seconds

40.0%
  2. No, for the cost of the upgrade it is fair to only get the additional range.

60.0%
  1. dfluker

dfluker Member

I received my 75D two weeks ago. The upgrade from the 70D was a total waste.

They tell you to limit the charge to 90% for the "health of the battery" which is basically the equivalent of charging the 70D to 100%

I can't believe they haven't increased the performance of the 75D, it should absolutely be marginally faster than the 60D or 70D.

I feel like I was totally ripped off but very happy with the car other than this.

I think everyone with a 75D would feel better about paying for the upgrade if it also came with a slight increase to the 0 to 60.... Something just below 5 seconds which we know is possible if the 85D could do 4.4 seconds with same motors.

2. zambono

zambono Member

The increase in performance from a 70/75 to 90 isn't because there is a larger battery in kwH terms, its because there are 2 extra packs which increase the voltage. Anyone else who is much better versed in this please corroborate. So the performance of a 60/70/75 will be the same.

3. dfluker

dfluker Member

That would make more sense but I was told that it was software limited to increase likelihood of people going with the 90D

4. zambono

zambono Member

There are definitely 2 extra packs in a 90 which in turn provide more voltage, which allows more power to be used by the electric motors. This has been heavily covered in other threads, look under the battery section.