Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: 75D vs 60D - 0 to 60 Performance

Should the 75D be faster than the 60D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my 75D two weeks ago. The upgrade from the 70D was a total waste.

They tell you to limit the charge to 90% for the "health of the battery" which is basically the equivalent of charging the 70D to 100%

I can't believe they haven't increased the performance of the 75D, it should absolutely be marginally faster than the 60D or 70D.

I feel like I was totally ripped off but very happy with the car other than this.

I think everyone with a 75D would feel better about paying for the upgrade if it also came with a slight increase to the 0 to 60.... Something just below 5 seconds which we know is possible if the 85D could do 4.4 seconds with same motors.

The increase in performance from a 70/75 to 90 isn't because there is a larger battery in kwH terms, its because there are 2 extra packs which increase the voltage. Anyone else who is much better versed in this please corroborate. So the performance of a 60/70/75 will be the same.

The increase in performance from a 70/75 to 90 isn't because there is a larger battery in kwH terms, its because there are 2 extra packs which increase the voltage. Anyone else who is much better versed in this please corroborate. So the performance of a 60/70/75 will be the same.

That would make more sense but I was told that it was software limited to increase likelihood of people going with the 90D

That would make more sense but I was told that it was software limited to increase likelihood of people going with the 90D

There are definitely 2 extra packs in a 90 which in turn provide more voltage, which allows more power to be used by the electric motors. This has been heavily covered in other threads, look under the battery section.