TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S 85 KWh vs Performance 85 KWh

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by Geoffrey Crespin, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Geoffrey Crespin

Hello all,

I'm new in this forum but would like to have your impressions or comments.
    Does anyone have tested both MS 85 and P-85 ?
    According to you, what is the main difference (I know, not the same power)? I mean the feeling... Is there a big difference during the "takeoff" ;-) ?
    I have tested a Model S P85 in Brussels last month and was very impressed. I would like to know if I can get a similar feeling if I buy a 85 KWh.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Geoffrey

[discovery phase]

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

3. Geoffrey Crespin

Thanks Mark but I was more talng about "basic" 85 vs P-85... Anyway, the report of efusco is great and well explained.
    Many thanks guys!

If you have other experience, share it here please.

4. Owner

Owner Active Member

5. Crispix

Crispix Member

I test drove a P85 and placed my order for a standard 85 without having driven one. The S85 is plenty fast and elicits grins and exclamations during acceleration. It's still faster than most of the cars out there. I look at it this way: the P is scary fast, the S is giggle fast.

6. Thelosen

Thelosen Member

#7 Thelosen, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    I looked at it from an other perspective. Would I buy a BMW M5 over a 535i if it would only cost me 10k more?

My answer is: Yes I would. So I ordered a P85...

would I appriciate a harsh ride: Hell no, so I did not order the P85+... ;-)

7. Geoffrey Crespin

Many thanks for your feedback.I will most probably go for a S85 (already a "super car";-)