Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 85kWh, loaded, excellent condition, warranties - $36,900

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took a little longer to complete than expected; but the LCD was fixed on Monday (they also replaced the MCU...and I didn't notice until after the sale that it apparently included an upgrade to LTE!) and the buyer just drove off with it this morning. Our X delivery was delayed until tomorrow, so it was really good timing for us.

Yeah, it looks like I underpriced it a little. It sure did make for an easy sale though!

The buyer was a really nice guy. His stepson is a Tesla owner that I've known since my pre-EV biodiesel days. His wife has a Volt, and until recently he had a LEAF - which he had driven from Seattle to San Diego. I think he'd memorized all the stuff in the ad, watched all the online videos, and didn't want any help getting familiar with it - he just jumped in and started adjusting settings, pairing his phone, etc. I think it is in good hands.

It took a little longer to complete than expected; but the LCD was fixed on Monday (they also replaced the MCU...and I didn't notice until after the sale that it apparently included an upgrade to LTE!) and the buyer just drove off with it this morning. Our X delivery was delayed until tomorrow, so it was really good timing for us.

Yeah, it looks like I underpriced it a little. It sure did make for an easy sale though!

The buyer was a really nice guy. His stepson is a Tesla owner that I've known since my pre-EV biodiesel days. His wife has a Volt, and until recently he had a LEAF - which he had driven from Seattle to San Diego. I think he'd memorized all the stuff in the ad, watched all the online videos, and didn't want any help getting familiar with it - he just jumped in and started adjusting settings, pairing his phone, etc. I think it is in good hands.

No you actually priced it correctly. We sold our P95 with 70kmiles for $39k earlier this year. The real resale market is much lower than most on these forums think. I do believe our cars are undervalued when you add superchargers for life but at this time buyers don't really get it. We bought a 90D with a pretty good price but if it had been totally up to me I (obviously it wasn't) would not have made the change. AP just isn't what they claim and will not be for at least a couple of years. I'm not talking full AP just reliable AP2 stuff. My old P85 was just as fast as our replacement and the difference in ranges does not change our daily driving habits. Long term I think older pre AP cars will bottom out and start to appreciate when folks realize just how good they are. See tones of older Teslas sitting on Craigs list forever. They're just too high.