TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S 95 or 100? Any news on battery increase?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by drsrichardson, Jun 25, 2016.

1. drsrichardson

drsrichardson Member

I'm getting itchy for a newer Model S and a range of 300+ is a good enough excuse. Is there any word on these coming up the pipeline? TIA

• Like x 1
  2. xlpro

xlpro Member

Just curious what model Tesla do you have now?

3. drsrichardson

drsrichardson Member

I have an early 85, nearly 3 years old. Love her but I'd like a new one and thought I should wait until the battery range was significantly increased.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Tesla does not announce changes in advance. Everything you read about such a change is speculation.

5. travwill

travwill Member

Have the 70D here. Also curious to when this will be but expect in 1-3 years.

Now that I know the car, know how range is impacted by weather, speed, etc., will likely upgrade sometime. Two factors though I'd say have to be possible: 1) 300+ real miles, so perhaps a 100/110/120D, and 2) next generation of autopilot hardware as there is room for improvement there.

Those are the biggies and nice to haves would be some interior refinements, adjustable belt heights, ventilated seats, and perhaps some other techy enhancements are always welcomed...