Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S A/C issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2014 Model S. Best car I've ever had. Took delivery of a new 2017 Model S. Worst car I've ever had. I took delivery of a 2017 model S on September 20th. As i drove off of the lot in Dallas, the air conditioner quit working. It is now October 9, and the issue has not been resolved. The service department is supposedly working on it diligently, but they have yet been able to be certain they have found the issue. My problem is, I bought a new car, and i no longer have a new car. I have had my car in my possession one day that is was not in the shop or on the way to or from the shop. There have been technicians working on it, crawling in and out of it, replacing parts, the car sitting around, presumably in the Texas heat waiting for parts, etc. Still don't have my car but when I do, it will have a serious service history that will hurt resale. I sure wouldn't want to be on their spaceship!

Similar issue for me and a friend.

I took delivery of Model S on Sep 25th, signed paperwork. About to drive off the store, turns out AC didn't work. They gave me a loaner and fixed it in 2 days and dropped it off. 1 week later again didn't work. Again gave me a loaner, they picked it up, fixed it in 2 days and dropped it off. So far so good for the last week since then. We shall see.

Similar issue for my friend who picked up his Model X beginning of July.

B07AC4B5-588A-43B9-B32B-957C6CB28FCE.png
Same thing happened to my 75D.
Fixed it in 2 days. See attached receipt. Hope this helps.