Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: A Chick Magnate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess he was the ultimate Chick Magnate:

colonel-sanders.jpg

So far I've had only men ask about the car, and several beeps and thumbs up on the highway (no doubt from men).
My female friend liked the Plug in Prius better "cause it had a nice light on the passenger mirror visor to put on her makeup" :)

Yep, it's a definite "dude" magnet :(

The roadster only attracts young men.

I agree. My roadster has had numerous male parking lot interaction (young and old). I have even had many ask me "is the car a chick magnet?" To which I reply unfortunately "no, mostly dudes".

I live adjacent to Berkeley and we have an abundance of females with piercing head to toe. Never once has one offered to jump in my trunk.

It must be me :redface: Maybe I'm better off as it would be a time suck to have to file a restraining order.

My experience with Whole Foods

Whole Foods Parking Lot - Music Video [HD] - YouTube

My Model S is a rolling freeway hazard, in the slow lane, going posted speeds. The number of aggressive, middle-aged salesman types in their me-first driving habits who suddenly put the brakes on to get a closer look has exceeded fingers and toes. I've been stalked to a parking lot, chased while in a parking lot (yay for backup-cameras), and had pedestrians act all kinds of funky on the curb and into the street. Have any of them been women? On the road, one or two. I count this as a blessing. I'm married and could do without the distraction. For those of you who are not in my situation, I suggest following the advice of the original post. Offer them a ride. They will drool over the screen, the heated seats and luxurious interior will also draw them in. Show them the recall features on the seat positioning, the touch-sensitive power handles and set them up with a profile of their own. Show them the telephone bluetooth integration and the remote app., make sure to play music they like (hint: only guys like dubstep). Then, talk about how you're doing your part to protect the environment. Unless you're dealing with a middle child with four brothers, an air force pilot, or a scientist, normal guy-oriented facts and figures won't likely make a dent.

Call it your 5-seater (or 7) smart phone. Don't call it your exotic luxury sedan. Show off the hidden pocket on the front of the driver's seat.

Good luck, single guys. Also: bathe.

Maybe it's me, then. I've counted more women than men taking a picture of my car, usually in the rear view mirror while stopped at a light.

Roadster owners would tell you that was so that they could show their boyfriend/husband.

I've tried finding a very early Roadster thread about this, with no luck. The consensus was that the only women attracted to the car were ones who wanted more info for their better half.

Dude, that is one well-written F***'in funny story! Seriously, if you haven't yet joined Tesla Owners Illinois please consider doing so. At a meeting in the near future over lunch you could further elaborate just how to pick up members of the opposite sex (or same sex, if that's your thing) using the fancy Tesla-based toys (only for single members, of course!). Also, it would be great if you could show us first-hand which seats in the model S are the best for getting 'cozy'. Applicable knowledge for single and married alike!

PS - what could one do with an eyebrow ring the size of an old doorknob? Curious minds want to know...

If I were to tell you that I had my Tesla... And a Tesla Employee... both here overnight...
I'd be telling the truth.

;)

It just becomes a matter of chicken & egg at that point.

My other car is a shiny red 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible. As someone else mentioned in this thread... people note that it must be a crazy chick magnet.
No, I tell them. The polarity is reversed.

I meet so many dudes at gas stations, parking lots, red lights, on the highway at highway speeds... with the Firebird. It's nothing like what you see in old beer commercials - pop the beer open, and a pool party full of playmates instantly happens. I did somehow think that would work for the FB.

The Tesla gets nearly everyone talking, though. Granted - few are female and young... At least I'm happy to promote the technology to those unfamiliar, regardless of how interested I am in them as a mate ;)

One more note...
People call my Firebird a Camaro constantly. At first that bugged me, but I can nearly respect those people - same body type, frame, etc... It's the people that call it a Mustang or Corvette that I just can't deal with.

A frequent comment that I have to dispatch in the same spirit of the Camaro/Mustang/Corvette accusation category, second only to "What's that? (A Tesla) Who makes it? (Tesla)," is that of people accusing me of having a Fisker.

Oh Fisker... and your $114k 0-60 in 6.6 second ICE w/cabin consuming battery and house-burning-downing fan...

Good story, dude