Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5868 is officially totaled. I confirmed its replacement last night.

9uteparu.jpg

ety9upa3.jpg

pa2yhyzy.jpg

du8egeta.jpg

There is more damage than apparent in the photo. The big issue is he hit the front wheel and bent the frame behind it. Frame damage and the high salvage value are what did mine in.

I assume the insurance settlement won't cover an identical replacement vehicle. Can you share with us what your original cost was, mileage, and what residual value was assigned to your car?
(And I feel for your loss. That's just gotta hurt.)

This is probably an exaggeration. There is selection bias, in that the major wrecks tend to get posted about and the ones that are a few hundred or couple thousand to repair are not mentioned.

I'm inclined to agree with that statement. I had a side mirror "skull cap" (plastic housing on top of the mirror assembly, nicked, my fault) replaced, and never thought of posting it here. No accident, no video, no insurance claim, no issue... other than Tesla service center is superior to any claims office or body shop I've ever dealt with. Just my experience.