Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S adapter for new V3 superchargers (U.K.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S 90d (2016) owner in the U.K.
I planned a trip to charge at the new Tesla Supercharger ( Amesbury, U.K.). Arrived to discover all superchargers have a new plug and I didn’t know that I needed an adapter. So I couldn’t charge there.
That added hours to my journey and some stress too, to get to an older supercharger which would charge my model S.
Question: what adapter do I need to avail of this new supercharger? Where can I buy one? Does anyone have a link? My basic Google search I couldn’t find the right one!
Many thanks

Model S 90d (2016) owner in the U.K.
I planned a trip to charge at the new Tesla Supercharger ( Amesbury, U.K.). Arrived to discover all superchargers have a new plug and I didn’t know that I needed an adapter. So I couldn’t charge there.
That added hours to my journey and some stress too, to get to an older supercharger which would charge my model S.
Question: what adapter do I need to avail of this new supercharger? Where can I buy one? Does anyone have a link? My basic Google search I couldn’t find the right one!
Many thanks
Presumably you didn't use the car's nav as that wouldn't have shown Amesbury as one that's available to you. As well as the adapter there's a bit of work done under the rear seat where the charging gubbins is housed. I believe the total cost is £280 and best to schedule an appointment via the app.

All new Supercharger sites will be V3 and £280 is well worth spending to future proof the car.

Thanks for that advice, DJP31. Planing to drive to Bath on Sunday and puzzling why my 2015 MS map doesn't show Amesbury as accessible. I guess I can't just drop into Gatwick, 20 mins away, tomorrow and get the upgrade on spec, but might give it a try. Slightly off topic but I need to book a brake fluid and HVAC service anyway and it's easier to speak to a human than navigate the service app, which I find rather opaque. I guess I have to describe what I want. Booking a service on the app is great..... if what you want is what Tesla thinks you might need. One would think that since Tesla recommend 2 yearly brake fluid and HVAC service it would be a standard option on the app, but I don't see it!

Last edited: