Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S after 8 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are a group of Model S owners in Denmark (Facebook: Tesla efter 8 år) that soon will reach 8 years for our cars - no more warrenty from Tesla, and no more car loan. We want to keep our cars, and we are looking for independent work shops in Europe that can renovate the main battery, improve lights and heating, etc.
We do not expect Tesla to offer this - so do you know of workshops in Europe (like the Arizona based Gruber Motors) that have the ambition to be able to do everything needed for our car.

I still get loaners after warranty end. I have started doing most of the mechanical stuff. Brakes, doors, windows, water pumps, etc. I get my parts off eBay. But. The battery replacement and or repair is going to a big problem. I met a man who said he was thinking about suing Tesla over battery pack replacement. I saw a S on ebay because the guy said he wasn't paying$22k for used pack with no warranty. If we could buy a brand new pack we would be happy. New pack, 8 yr warranty is what is needed. Or figure out how to install a new 100 pack for $22k.
I just ordered the infotainment upgrade because both of my screens are leaking and my software is junk. Not one software update has ever helped my car, period, ever.
Good luck.

Keep in mind that for many parts that you replace yourself, if you don't have Toolbox, you'll need a software update when installing a new or used component. If you always leave the next software staged, then you'll be able to update the firmware of any components you replace by installing the software update after you install the component.

Not one, let me say this again. NOT ONE software update has helped my car. Zero. EVER. The daughter board change made it even worse. Version 9 stopped my supercharging for 6 months, as confirmed by HQ Tesla in Fremont. After an update it disabled my charge port. Cost $700 Did again a few months ago, cost $700. Update made my TPMS useless ,error on screen permanently. SC says pay us $1600 we will upgrade your hardware. This has been hell. The SC is worthless, don't care,. ""you drive an antique, we don't care"".
I'm going to buy the $1500 Infortainment Upgrade, install coming 5 January. If that doesn't fix my junk software, I'm taking car to Fremont factory. U folks in yonder far away lands, need to get savy on mechanical fixes and pray your SC is better than ours here.