Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S aftermarket speaker upgrade

Kennethsaras1

Jun 21, 2021
Dallas
I have a 2014 model s with the base audio. Has anyone personally upgraded there audio system with sometype of aftermarket product? The base audio system is just horrible all around. I’d like it to be ALOT louder with WAY more bass. What options are out there. I’m

PCMc

Jul 1, 2016
Columbus, IN
I'd start by checking out the information that TeslaTap has on his site. He's done a bunch of projects on both Model S and Model 3 and his write-ups tend to be pretty thorough.

Here's his base thread on Model S audio upgrade. I'd start by reviewing it.

If you search this site you'll likely find many audio threads as well.

DrHoon

Sep 21, 2019
Canberra
I have a 2014 model s with the base audio. Has anyone personally upgraded there audio system with sometype of aftermarket product? The base audio system is just horrible all around. I’d like it to be ALOT louder with WAY more bass. What options are out there. I’m
Yep, here you go: Tesla Model S Audio Installation – event mechanics

Still have not got around to building the amp mount properly.

With a 12in sub and proper amp, it sounds pretty good. Definitely loud enough for me. I have a DSP ready to go but not sure if we will upgrade to MCU2.0 and keep this Model S or get a later model.

beatle

Aug 31, 2019
Springfield, VA
A fair number of people have installed aftermarket stereo components in the S. Best places to spend money are sound damping (helps even if not listening to the stereo) and an aftermarket sub/amp/DSP. I have the NVX amp/sub setup and think it's pretty nice, especially for just a 10 inch sub. Dedicated midrange drivers in the dash also help a lot, but the amp/DSP needed to drive them can be pretty pricey. Don't bother with the rear door speakers. They contribute so little to the overall sound that they're not worth upgrading.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC