Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Aftermarket Wheel Fitment/Offset Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That wheel combo looks great but I think the real question you need to ask yourself is do you want to run a slightly stretched 255mm tire on a 10" width wheel. If you're okay with that, then it will obviously fit. I wonder if 265/35/20 all around would fit better?
that is barely even a stretch if you even consider it a stretch

I'm amazed these rears fit. I had 20x11 +35 in the rears, but they would slightly rub the inner struts down my driveway. 20x11 +32 in the rear has to be the most aggressive width you could go before starting to poke. Nice!
+32 means it would have more strut clearance compared to +35

It's an evolving story, but I can confirm that a 19x9.5" ET35 front will have less than a millimeter of clearance or rub the inner barrel of the wheel against the vertical part of the knuckle.

With that said, I'm looking for spacer advice. I was thinking 10mm would be about right (and something to try on my summer setup), but in looking around the forum the consensus seems to be that I won't get enough thread engagement on stock studs. The smallest I am seeing the bolt on style is 15mm, which based on my measurements seems like probably too much.

I'm having trouble finding hubcentric options below 10mm. The often recommended Motorsport-Tech 'Design 2' stops at 8mm. 'Design 1' goes down to 3mm, but doesn't have the hubcentric raised portion I'm used to seeing. For context I have never used spacers...

Any suggestions/input would be appreciated

F795C006-C203-45D2-8AD0-0A8854AE6ECB.jpeg

Last edited:
20x10 +30 on 255/35/20 front and rear
if you run a 9 in front, you will want to be around +20 offset or it will look sunken in
you can run a wider rear with higher offset as well
So i think i've decided and i'm going to go with a staggered setup, but i need a bit of help.
I'm thinking 19x9.5 +23 in front per @kev1n 's suggestion
and 19x10 +30 in the rears.

Will the fronts be ok with no rubbing? I do plan on lowering links and I don't want any rubbing nor do i want any tire stretching to make it fit.

I'm having trouble finding hubcentric options below 10mm. The often recommended Motorsport-Tech 'Design 2' stops at 8mm. 'Design 1' goes down to 3mm, but doesn't have the hubcentric raised portion I'm used to seeing. For context I have never used spacers...
I have the hubcentric design2 3mm that’s custom for my vossen wheels, no need for hubrings. I did run into a problem with it not fitting onto my wheel. I sent it back to motorsporttech and they made it a little smaller. It’s no longer listed on their website but I’m sure you can call to order it. I recommend them.

Forgiato EV001​

Now available in 22" for direct plug & play fitment on Model S + Model X

unnamed.png

Custom finishes are available and the aero covers are removable and customizable as well!
unnamed-1.png
unnamed-2.png

Please message if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote. We are an official Forgiato dealer and we are happy to assist you!

Regards,
Danny

Forgestar CF5V
20x11 +40 with 6mm spacer rear 285/35/20
20x9 + 38 front 245/40/20

Currently raining so only picture I snapped. There is a bit of poke in the rear. Would likely be negated without the spacer, but I am confident it wouldn't fit that way.

I'll probably end up adding a 6mm spacer to the front as well.

Attachments

• wheels.jpeg
    wheels.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 262
Reactions: MikloVL and All In
Maybe just me but after looking at a bunch of options could not beat the price, fit and specs (weight!) of factory forged arachnids. I have owned BBS and HRE forged wheels on previous cars and don't think it's worth it
I assume you are referring the pre refresh silver arachnids.
The refresh black arachnids are not forged and thus, nowhere near worth TEsla's price

Reactions: cmarshack
For my 2016 Tesla S I’m looking at some 22x10 with a 38 offset front and rear. Will the wheels fit?
The research I’ve done so far on the 22in wheels (which is what I’m looking for as well) is that most run 22x10.5 w/ +38et all in staggered setups where the fronts are 22x9 w/ +30et sitting quite flush with virtually no reported rubbing.
I’ve seen @EVSteve do +35et on the rear. The rears have sweet concavity but I’m unsure what the depth of the wheel is and what it’d take for the flush fitment, maybe 10 ?? So far I’d recommend going 22x10.5 +38et but I don’t know if the front wheel-well is capable of housing that wide of a wheel.
Anyone have thoughts ?

The research I’ve done so far on the 22in wheels (which is what I’m looking for as well) is that most run 22x10.5 w/ +38et all in staggered setups where the fronts are 22x9 w/ +30et sitting quite flush with virtually no reported rubbing.
I’ve seen @EVSteve do +35et on the rear. The rears have sweet concavity but I’m unsure what the depth of the wheel is and what it’d take for the flush fitment, maybe 10 ?? So far I’d recommend going 22x10.5 +38et but I don’t know if the front wheel-well is capable of housing that wide of a wheel.
Anyone have thoughts ?

For what it's worth, I do not recommend 22's on the S. I had them on my P90D for about a year, and sold them to go back to 21's.

To squeeze 22's in, you have to have super low profile tires. I had 245/25/22 and 285/30/22. There's just not enough cushion there, and you'll end up bending wheels and breaking tire bands on pot holes. They also don't make 22" tires in those sizes that meet Tesla's load rating - so tire shop chains won't help you if you need a patch or a replacement.

In addition, aesthetically the 21's give you a little more "meat" in the tire which looks much sportier than 22's. This is a matter of opinion of course, but just my 2 cents.

It's an evolving story, but I can confirm that a 19x9.5" ET35 front will have less than a millimeter of clearance or rub the inner barrel of the wheel against the vertical part of the knuckle.

With that said, I'm looking for spacer advice. I was thinking 10mm would be about right (and something to try on my summer setup), but in looking around the forum the consensus seems to be that I won't get enough thread engagement on stock studs. The smallest I am seeing the bolt on style is 15mm, which based on my measurements seems like probably too much.

Any suggestions/input would be appreciated

Try a cheap 5mm spacer for sizing. That may be enough clearance. You don't have to have a ton of space up there, I think I have 3mm clearance in my rears and they never rub. If that works, then get the nice hubcentric ones from Motorsport Tech.

You might also be able to get some more space via an alignment....more neutral front camber would push the top of the wheel out a decent amount. If you're handy, you can mark your current aft arm eccentric bolt position with a sharpie, turn the bolt to see how much space you get from neutral front camber, and then put it back to the marked position. If it's significant you can get your alignment adjusted to match.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwherry